Sign in to follow this  
Evannnnnn

Evan's Membership Application. (Passed)

-1 bot, botting is just as bad as a VAC ban. you're hacking at a game.

"it's just RS"

ok i'll go get a VAC ban for steam from tetris / clicker heroes and that'll be cool

You really cannot compare cheating on CS/competitive games to botting on RS. People who botted their accounts up barely affected other legitimate players except for making certain skills like hunter, mining etc less profitable. People who have got VAC bans on CS are scumbags because of the harm/disruption they cause to other players. To say botting is as bad as a VAC ban is ridiculous.

I used to have saltiness towards botters because they cheated to get their stats, but that was so long ago, you should just let it go

Edit: just want to point out me and evan are irl friends so my opinion will be biased, but what i said is accurate

"it's just RS"

ok i'll go get a VAC ban for steam from tetris / clicker heroes and that'll be cool

You really cannot compare cheating on CS/competitive games to botting on RS. People who botted their accounts up barely affected other legitimate players except for making certain skills like hunter, mining etc less profitable. People who have got VAC bans on CS are scumbags because of the harm/disruption they cause to other players. To say botting is as bad as a VAC ban is ridiculous.

I used to have saltiness towards botters because they cheated to get their stats, but that was so long ago, you should just let it go

Clearly you misread the post. No where did I mention CS.

Botting is just as bad as a VAC ban - you're cheating, exploiting, hacking at a game. Why is it any worse to exploit a game - and sell money from it, as he said, he made nearly $400 - which is in itself illegal, at least by Runescape rules.

You also can't use the argument that "RS was ages ago, who cares now etc etc" - referring to my original argument - I'll just go on CS 1.6 and mess around with my friends on a casual server hacking, who cares when I get a VAC ban? It was just on 1.6 admin!!!"!""!££¬£!!

Nope, cheating is cheating.

To say "botting barely affected other people" and "botting is no where close to as bad as a VAC ban" and implying that rs botters aren't scumbags, makes me doubt your membership too.

Botting is just as bad as a VAC ban - you're cheating, exploiting, hacking at a game. Why is it any worse to exploit a game - and sell money from it, as he said, he made nearly $400 - which is in itself illegal, at least by Runescape rules.

You also can't use the argument that "RS was ages ago, who cares now etc etc" - referring to my original argument - I'll just go on CS 1.6 and mess around with my friends on a casual server hacking, who cares when I get a VAC ban? It was just on 1.6 admin!!!"!""!££¬£!!

To say "botting barely affected other people" and "botting is no where close to as bad as a VAC ban" and implying that rs botters aren't scumbags, makes me doubt your membership too.

Above: another victim of lewisJESUS OWNAGE

"it's just RS"

Please remember that this is a members app, I dont want this place to look like a mess, with a big argument cooking up, go on pm or something :) Thanks

It doesn't matter if you never mentioned CS. I was using it as an example of a competitive game which is protected by VAC. Botting isn't as bad as a VAC ban. If he was using drophack on LoL, or all those exploits/glitches HaxUnit used with PKing where they 1 shot people and were invisible, it would be a different story. Thats much worse than botting. "cheating is cheating" you can't just generalize it like that. Games which are protected by VAC are mainly competitive games where cheating is insanely disruptive to gameplay. Botting is not insanely disruptive to gameplay, if you are trying to say it is i think you're being delusional because of how much you hate botters. Cheating in Runescape is still cheating but its a misdemeanour in comparison to cheating on a game where one can be VAC banned, i'm sure alot of people would agree with that although you obviously don't.

Also you said "You also can't use the argument that "RS was ages ago, who cares now etc etc"", when you actually can. Even if botting on RS was as bad cheating on a VAC protected game (which it isn't), evan could still apply for member and not have his cheating mentioned. The rules regarding VAC bans say members can't apply if they have a VAC under 1 year, and nobody can apply for mod if they have a VAC under 3 years. So obviously you can use the argument that it was ages ago.

edit: I don't want to be a nuisance by spamming an application thread anymore than this, so ill read your reply but can't really go any further than that :) :)

"It doesn't matter if you never mentioned CS"

Well, clearly it does - as in my original post I was referring to different, smaller, less known games like Runescape, but steam related - as in context of RS botting

"Botting isn't as bad as a VAC ban"

Maybe to you - but for someone in this community who has probably played more Runescape and more Counter strike than anyone here, bar maybe twist for the former - I can vouch for the fact that both are just as scummy.

"Cheating is cheating - you can't generalise it like that"

Of course you can. I really don't know where to go with this one. When you cheat, you're cheating, not entirely sure where you're attempting to go with that one. Just because games deal with cheating in different ways, or your opinion may think that a certain game is worse if you cheat on it, doesn't change anything regards the definition of cheating.

"Games which are protected by VAC are mainly competitive games where cheating is insanely disruptive to gameplay."

I don't care if it's VAC or cheating from a different game - it's exactly the same to me. Hence why I hit this thread with a -1. Not only the botting, but also the fact he'd download that onto his computer, leave it running, gain RSGP through whatever skill - then make hundreds of dollars on the internet, all at the same time being 13 years old - unlikely, but admittedly possible.

"Botting is not insanely disruptive to gameplay, if you are trying to say it is i think you're being delusional because of how much you hate botters."

Jagex have spent a lot of money into operations regarding nuking thousands of bots, employing mods purely to deal with bot overload and adjusting gameplay due to huge outcry from the community. They push past you on the highscores, make it more difficult for you to gain XP, both in combat and skilling. Not to mention lowering prices of skilling essentials you may be trying to sell. To say that "botting doesn't affect gameplay" is probably more moronic than when you said "you can't generalise cheating as being cheating"

"Cheating in Runescape is still cheating but its a misdemeanor in comparison to cheating on a game where one can be VAC banned, i'm sure a lot of people would agree with that although you obviously don't."

It's different in the sense that you receive a VAC ban - because the latter is based on steam. One could possibly even make the argument that botting is worse. You're making real money and selling it online at the cost of Jagex - who disallow it. But it really sucks to lose a bit of ELO on your matchmaking rank right?

"Also you said "You also can't use the argument that "RS was ages ago, who cares now etc etc"", when you actually can."

Okay, I'm gonna go on every game which is slightly old and exploit it, i'll change my name to "I Exploit I" perhaps even receive a VAC ban on ancient valve games - it was ages ago, it doesn't matter right? I'll keep my member!

"Even if botting on RS was as bad cheating on a VAC protected game (which it isn't), Evan could still apply for member and not have his cheating mentioned."

Of course he can still apply for member, no one is implying that he can't. Myself and twist simply -1'd his app.

The cries of swarming gulls was the sole sound, save for the slapping of the ocean upon the shore.
.. I could still argue all day with lewis, but
I don't want to be a nuisance by spamming an application thread anymore than this

THIS WEEK ON DRAMABREAK!!!!111111

This thread has been very entertaining on a night where I've been unable to play any games, thank you bois :^)

To the application, imo Evan shows member qualities - he is active, a friendly face and isn't a retard.

In relation to the RS Botting or VAC, in the argument of 'how bad' they are - they are both ruining the games in their own ways and it was a scumbag move from Evan but he isn't pretending like it was anything otherwise. In the argument of should it affect his application - imo no. He's already stated the incident was around 3 years ago, if not longer, and it really is not a reason to fail a member application.

Regardless everyone is open to having their own views :glad2: :glad2: +1 from me tho

different, smaller, less known games like Runescape

Just had to pop in here to laugh at Lewis. RS announced they had 200 million accounts a while ago (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/200_mil ... elebration - 2012). Whilst Steam said CS:GO was the second most played Steam game (http://www.pcgamer.com/valve-explains-h ... -on-steam/), which puts it's purchase value at around 10 million (average of the first and third purchase values, I couldn't find figures specifically on CS:GO). Even if RS has a large amount of bots and alternative accounts, if only 5% of accounts were players, then it would have a larger player base than CS:GO.

Although, I don't particularly enjoy arguing with Lewis, so I'll just assume he was talking about daily players today, where CS:GO does certainly win.

Back on the topic of membership, +1 - Evan seems like a nice guy, goes CT a bit and isn't bad at it.

so I'll just assume he was talking about daily players today, where CS:GO does certainly win.

thought it was really obvious that's what he's talking about..

Oh, fair enough, I'm really good at misreading things. Still, it seems like an unfair comparison. In it's hay day I reckon RS had a huge amount more players than CS:GO. CS:GO has an average player count of 300,000 online players, whereas RS seems to double that at 600,000. This post does seem to suggest that 60%+ were bots (https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comm ... rs/cnd849d), although even factoring that in the player base of the games are nearly the same. Stats are taken from http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ and https://archive.org/web/.