Sign in to follow this  
Fluxy

Reintroduction and possible return?

Hello everyone.

First of all I would like to just say hello to all the new members of Outbreak who don't know who I am, welcome to a community that will become a cancerous second family. Its great to see this community thriving again. I imagine that many of you who are new wont have seen me around because I don't play on the server but I can assure you I am an old face and old friend of this beloved Outbreak.

Im doing this reintroduction because I think it is needed if I *might* start playing Jailbreak again and I would like to give people a chance to know who I am before I join the server and everyone is like...who is this cunt thinking he knows everything.

My name is Hugo, i'm 19 live and attend uni in Edinburgh, Scotland. Names Fluxy in game and as you can see by my post count and join date I have been around outbreak for around 2 and a half years now. This started with our original CSS Jailbreak server back in 2012 that got me hooked and I played the fuck out of it, I have around 1 k hours on source 90% of which was an Outbreak server. In that time I was present for many many dramas, I have seen many people come and go, I have made many friends and one or two enemies. It was a time when you had to hammer the refresh button to get into our 32 slot server, so many new members everyday. I was active and was made mod at the same time as Sir Conor and Wist who went on to do much more for this community than I did. Outbreak went through a lot of changes, Mclovin and Kriss stepping down, Polishman DDoSing the server that took it down for weeks, close surf, the gmod server. During my final exams for leaving school I completely stopped playing Jailbreak, I lost intrest in it, stepped down from mod and left the community for around 3/4 months.

But then I came back, I missed the names who I know consider close friends to much. When I came back Outbreak was on the decline, not through any fault of the hard working mods/admins you understand, but Counter Strike Source was a dying game, minigames was tried and worked for a little bit but eventually the ghost was given up. Gmod became the new direction, I never played gmod so I just hung around on teamspeak to chill with the guys. I then started getting into CSGO mixing which is now almost all I do. I was made mod a second time but my heart wasent in it so I lost it shortly after. I understand why this decision was made now but at the time I was a little mad. Around this time Outbreak was a little directionless, we were no longer this massive community, more a group of chilled gamers. I am on teamspeak almost everyday and the names you will know such as LANDSHARK Venga, Biggles, Weezy, Gaffer, Wist, Conor, Frostie and Jamie/Twist are my homies, as I am theirs. I vowed never to return to Jailbreak as something that I put behind me but seeing what this community has grown into with the dedication from all the admin team, seeing all these new names and stories got me feeling slightly nostalgic of late. It reminds me of when I was new, I joined the server a few times and actually had a lot of fun so if you see a bit more in game after reading this post you will know the story behind the name!

Thank you for taking the time to read this really really long post ( I honestly had no idea it was going to be this long or turn into a bit of history of outbreak)

Ciao xoxo

Edited by Guest