Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

Suggestion for the Member Apps

Add a question "Will you disappear if the Jailbreak server was ever to close down?"

I think this will bring in many loyal new members!

:glad2: :glad2: :glad2: :glad2:

Edited by Guest

Members should have a special session in game item/skin that makes them feel a bit more...wait for it...prestige.

I have also had a great new innovative idea: members should be allowed to !vote kick.(I'm a genius I know). This will help get rid off free killing bastards at 5am since the admins are too fucking lazy to have an alert to wake up in the middle of the night (GMT) and help out with the servers...God, no wonder you don't get paid. They totally don't give up any of their free time already despite being volunteers...

Whenever I've been on late, there are no members on who would even be able to use this.

As has been stated before, we are a UK server. If you are playing at like 3AM, you are lucky to have an admin on, but are not entitled to one.

Also, we're not trying to get members to join for exclusive perks. We're a community. We're about people generally getting on and forming some e-friendships, not bribing you in with promises of triple credits or mini-admin powers. If you want that, this probably isn't the place for you.

The skin/model idea, however, I think is good, and fairly innocuous.

Also, this entire subject has already been covered in this thread.

**EDIT: SORRY FOR WRONG LINK BEFORE

I don't really care about votekick/voteban.

It's just right now, with exception to a trial period, a blue name on the forums and being in a steam group; what differentiates a member from a regular user?

I see us as a fairly embracing community - we get on with people who play our servers who aren't members, but to go through a fairly substantial trial process, I feel like there should be something to, as Motoko said - increase member's prestige.

Fair enough, priority at events - and there is one coming up, but before that thread arrived on the forums, we hadn't had one for three months (no fault of admins obviously) but as events were irregular....

-Increase involvement with the blue guys - perhaps a lower ranked moderator could meet with some active members to discuss recent member trials, server issues - which can then be fed back in a meeting, so members feel their +1, -1 or comments they had on the person mean something and aren't as overlooked.

--Personally I think member meetings (would obviously be less frequent than admin ones) would be a good idea, it would get a lot more suggestions at once on teamspeak and would give a broader spectrum of people, could just be an informal chat.

-Double credits seemed like a good idea, and it some ways is - it would give people who aren't a member more intent to become one. Scratching that, as said above - a free item from the credzzzzzz store.

-Maybe even look into a member's section on the forums. I can't really comment on the matter as I went through a 1 hour trial period back in the old days, but I imagine people now, having followed their own app for a few weeks, when they finally gain member and come on the forums and see their blue name, there isn't much else to it. Event suggestions -> Member section? Have a randomiser which allows one member to partner a moderator/admin in running an event?

-IDK if you guys seemed interested in this topic, or you were just trying to say there isn't anything you can do. But, if you feel it'd be a bit power mad to start giving all these perks out - perhaps make the trial process even more lengthy. Forum activity aswell as in game activity would be a must, along with all the other fundamentals - then both parties would feel happy with what they can enjoy once successful.

-Anyhow, as much as some of the benefits i've just brainstormed would be cool for current members, it would also most likely bring in more people. Think how obsessed randomers were about credits at one point. Quite a few regulars on the server who haven't applied for member, it's worth a try,

TL;DR?

-Perks for membs

-Not just perks, but increase involvement with us

-The more perks, possibly the harder the trial process becomes

-The more perks, the more members we get

-$$$$$$$$ HOLLA

-Increase involvement with the blue guys - perhaps a lower ranked moderator could meet with some active members to discuss recent member trials, server issues - which can then be fed back in a meeting, so members feel their +1, -1 or comments they had on the person mean something and aren't as overlooked.

--Personally I think member meetings (would obviously be less frequent than admin ones) would be a good idea, it would get a lot more suggestions at once on teamspeak and would give a broader spectrum of people, could just be an informal chat.

This is pretty much the whole point of the forums, but instead its shit post central.

But some of the things I'm looking into are, members only mask or hat, member section (we all know how much donator section is used), Perhaps the chance to run events with the reward of beautiful credz.

Currently, off the top of my head the member perks at the moment are just event priority and the ability to create their own temporary channels in teamspeak. Other than that its more of an image thing on the server..

But I mostly agree with this:

Also, we're not trying to get members to join for exclusive perks. We're a community. We're about people generally getting on and forming some e-friendships, not bribing you in with promises of triple credits or mini-admin powers. If you want that, this probably isn't the place for you.

Would a 10% increase in credits be possible just for members? I think that would be a great idea just not sure if it's possible.

if this is possible then I say do it gives people that extra reason to become member