Sign in to follow this  
marsh

Member Permissions

I mostly come on at late times, and either No Good will be present so far or Sony.

In all fairness you cannot expect the admins to be around 24/7, but are they needed to be around 24/7?

In my oppinion no, since let's be honnest look at the graph shown on the forum there is a major decrease some point in the evening/night.

Currently the server mods/mods/admins are online enough to cover the incidents and even if they are not online they often get called in to help. And mostly they will respond asap.

My suggestion on the veteran members was to cover the possibility that if this were to happen atleast there will be some kind of control. I also don't understand where this trusted/non-trusted member comes from. Every member is trusted, just not every member has the right set of skills to be a mod.

Anyway hope this cleared some minds in overall.

Hell, I'm all for trusted members, I don't think the idea is bad. If the server mods get called on regularly, then sure, I think we should discuss creating a few trusted members for basic powers.

The thing we have to remember is that 30 minute bans solve nothing and that most determined freekillers are encouraged to come back so they can freekill in 30 minutes. Day/week bans from mods are usually enough to discourage trolls for much longer periods than the ban lasts for.

Tbh if I was a new member and saw this I would feel isolated from the rest of the membergroup.

Just give the members that have been with us for more than, say, 3-4 months (longer?) the ability to call a voteban command ONLY when no admin is on the server. No need to make an official group.

Segregation of the members will never happen, Its unfair and unnecessary. Maybe in the future we may bring this in with a "You abuse it you lose it" policy but for the mean time there are plenty of admins who are happy to come on the server and help.

(One thing that doesn't help is when everybody informs the rule breakers that an admin is coming to punish them, naturally they will stop breaking rules so nothing will be done)

I think this is a case of people being lazy and not bothering to go and find a mod/admin. If this was going to happen maybe there could be a test for members to complete to ensure they know what they're doing. Remember even s twenty minute ban could turn away someone for ever who could have been a valued player(customer) who didn't know the rules.

The issue is that getting admin support can take a while:

The forums seems like a slow method to get an admin to come online just to ban/kick/mute/gag someone.

Messaging admins on steam is fast but often they're offline or busy. Also you have to be friends with the admin in order to message them easily so newcomers can't really do this.

Teamspeak is quite a bit of effort to get an admin, even with a channel full of admin I've heard them say "yeah we dont want to do that" or "get mintlou to do it". Also you have to have teamspeak installed (which took me a while) and the way we chat on teamspeak can be daunting to a newcomer.

It'd be nice if we had a button on the forums/in game that calls the admins. Perhaps a shoutbox on the forums which can only be used for contacting admin. Of course this would require people having an account on the forums and it could help integrate people onto the forums, but making the account can be a little slow and therefore the admins take longer to sort out the issue.

On the topic of member permissions perhaps we could get a hat, mask or chat title on the server.

Forums = no go. Too slow.

Teamspeak: easy. If it's daunting, tough. You want the freekiller gone, or not?

Re: having admins as friends on Steam: again, tough. If you wanna get a hold of us quick, then have us on Steam.

If we are genuinely busy: tough. That said, it's rare that all 13 of the admin team are busy.

The button which calls the admins, seems to be a bit superfluous, when we already have the two aforementioned methods for getting us.

Those methods of getting admins are fine, especially for members and people who have been around for a while but for newcomers that joined the server it's a lot harder. If it was easy then I'd assume there would be a lot more people posting on the ban section of the forums, the member section and the introduction section.

What im seeing a lot of is for example a ct freekills someone but didnt mean it, then #fweekillbandwagon pops along and people hop on and ask for him to be banned this happens particullaly with people like dan and jimi, making a big case out of nothing. ive been called on numerous times because of the #fweekillbandwagon.

sidenote: i dont see why this is still being discussed, we have plently of admins and mods ( At least one will be available throughout the day) and imo no point in server mods if members can !voteban/kick as they wont be called on because !voteban would have taken place, meaning if the ban requires a longer ban than 30 minutes an admin/mod cant do nothing untill they catch the person on.