Sign in to follow this  
marsh

Member Permissions

Hmmm its not a bad idea, but then you would need a certain number of members on etc.

It would be up to admins/mods to decide if only certain Members get it or if they cut the members down to allow Members to have the permissions.

Even though the selection process has gotten more strict recently again it still is not strict enough to detirmine who get's ingame powers or not.

There should be a rank like Veteran Member or something, and they need to be given these permissions.

My 2 cents.

I agree with this forum

Constantly getting admins or mods because there are freekillers etc

but at the same time giving members that permission to votekick or voteban

some people could take advantage

But i believe it is a good idea :D

Peace <3

Also instead of giving that permission to members

you could give that to trusted members so its selective

not every member should have the permission because of the abusing :D

Even though the selection process has gotten more strict recently again it still is not strict enough to detirmine who get's ingame powers or not.

There should be a rank like Veteran Member or something, and they need to be given these permissions.

My 2 cents.

Good idea :) +1

On CSS I always found this a little irritating, as I would come on to the server sit in spec to see free killers, anyone who was breaking the rules really then a vote to kick or ban would come up before the person does anything they get banned for 30 mins so I was never able to do anything about it. Plus Admins and mods are online most of the time and will usually just come on the server to sort it out :S

On CSS I always found this a little irritating, as I would come on to the server sit in spec to see free killers, anyone who was breaking the rules really then a vote to kick or ban would come up before the person does anything they get banned for 30 mins so I was never able to do anything about it. Plus Admins and mods are online most of the time and will usually just come on the server to sort it out :S

There would be certain members that get the permissions but those members can only use them if there are no admins on the server. This would prevent what was said above. :) Late at night is usually the time when Admins and Mods are not on and can be annoying for the couple of mods that are on as they would be maybe playing another game, or busy etc.

Giving members vote commands has its pro's and con's, but if it was implemented I'd rather see it be given only to some trusted veteran memebers than just everyone, as McLovin said the trial system has become a lot more strict now, but at one point it seemed as if the membership application and trial guidelines weren't really followed that intensely.

I really don't see the point in adding it in, that's what us server mods are here for to deal with this sort of thing.:/ (I like my job) and also how are you going to differentiate between trusted and non trusted members surely if they get member then they should be trusted and not have to be a part of the non-trusted members ( I wouldn't like to be tag as 'not trustable'.

I really don't see the point in adding it in, that's what us server mods are here for to deal with this sort of thing.:/ (I like my job) and also how are you going to differentiate between trusted and non trusted members surely if they get member then they should be trusted and not have to be a part of the non-trusted members ( I wouldn't like to be tag as 'not trustable'.

Good point but I did mention that it permission would only be used when there are no admins available (mainly at night). And I guess the member app could be more strict with members or just make a member permissions group for trusted members.

:)

Good point but I did mention that it permission would only be used when there are no admins available (mainly at night). And I guess the member app could be more strict with members or just make a member permissions group for trusted members.

:)

most admins/mods are available at night ( no good and choco ) are the two who I feel are on the server for long periods of time, saying that im on till at least 12 on weekend and some weekdays

We already have trusted members, they're called moderators.

I really don't understand why so many people think this is a good idea, the only pro is that you can deal with a freekiller yourself but at what cost and is it really necessary.

- It leaves the system open for abuse.

- Freekillers will be votebanned off for 30 minutes before an admin can perm ban them.

- There are enough admins that can come to your aid.

- Forum spammed with trusted applications.

- In-game chat spammed with vote prompts.

- More work to add trusted members.

I swear before it was crazy as it needed 80% server votes (so 80% of the server had to be filled with members lol)

This just reminded me that getting the percentage for the votekick/ban was annoying. If there was a group of freekillers then they'd always vote no and you'd have to get an admin to sort it out anyway. Plus when someone did an accidental freekill and then everyone would complain and shout kick/ban in the chat.