Sign in to follow this  
VeMi

ba_jail_sand_beta

@biggles Thank you for including screenshots. I will answer some of your questions. I still however need more time to test the map to see if any changes are too drastic for the gameplay.

You made me realise the importance of the roof vent so I will probably remove the door (and for other reasons like balance).

The reason the destroyed building is there is I was planning to make it into a dark room (not finished yet) as it was shown a dark room was a very popular feature in a previous CSS map.

I wasn't planning to add more space in the watch towers so thats why the hatches wont open, there is nothing there :P If the people think that adding more space is a good idea I will do it.

Look for more things to come in the next beta version! (Should've probably named it alpha haha)

Second beta version finished!

Here are the things that are finished:

Obstacle area (bhop and more)

Helicopter pad on the roof

A longjump game

Removed armory back door exit

This took a little more time than I expected and the reason for that is creating the obstacle area. I needed to make and tweak a lot of things and I wasn't sure how I would make it, I was lacking a bit of creativity this week. Its getting close to the final version but I yet have more things to work on:

Dark room

Roulette

Bug fixes

Tweaking

Detailing

As always feedback is much appreciated, it helps me very much and I want to mention once again I want to make this map as good as jailbreak gets. Please share your thoughts! Thanks!

Perhaps a sewer system would be a nice addition, have a vent in the Big Cage. And a vent somewhere outside.

Also, momentairly we are able to knife the box in the deadbox game. This should not be able. Because you can simply kill your team mates with it.

Perhaps a sewer system would be a nice addition, have a vent in the Big Cage. And a vent somewhere outside.

Also, momentairly we are able to knife the box in the deadbox game. This should not be able. Because you can simply kill your team mates with it.

Nobody wants your complex sewer systems

Nobody wants your complex sewer systems

Nobody wants to hear you sing, although you do it from time to time anyway :(.

Actually I knew I missed something in this map, a disco.

Would be nice to have a club looking building featuring games like: Musical Chairs and a game we call the statue game.

The statue game involves music to be turned on and off, when the music is on the T's are supposed to dance. Then when the music turns off the T's should be frozen. I know there is a deathrun map that has a trap with a traffic light, the moment it turns red all T's on the platform need to be frozen if not it basicly kills them. (If you could get this working inside the disco when the Statue game switch is turned on that would be amazing.)

(There are plenty of games that can be played in disco's and using music.)

Anyway adding this could be awesome! :)

Currently there are three ways to escape the main cell area: Cell vent, Sliding door and pool vent right?

Probably already enough areas to escape in the main area, although they are difficult.

If you could escape through the big cage vent without a CT seeing you could probably escape through the pool one, so probably not much point in a sewer - except to hide in.

Actually I knew I missed something in this map, a disco.

Would be nice to have a club looking building featuring games like: Musical Chairs and a game we call the statue game.

The statue game involves music to be turned on and off, when the music is on the T's are supposed to dance. Then when the music turns off the T's should be frozen. I know there is a deathrun map that has a trap with a traffic light, the moment it turns red all T's on the platform need to be frozen if not it basicly kills them. (If you could get this working inside the disco when the Statue game switch is turned on that would be amazing.)

(There are plenty of games that can be played in disco's and using music.)

Anyway adding this could be awesome! :)

Unfortunately I might not be adding a disco. It would add a lot of memory to the map and its already way over acceptable memory. The statue game is meant to be played in the cafeteria where the tables are. Back in the old days you would use hldj for it and you still can! :D Besides there are a lot of things to do now in the new version besides disco. I dont know I might change my mind if I feel more creative and find a good place for it. Could you give me the name of that deathrun map?

Hello! It's been quite a while now since I made an update. I've been incredibly busy with work and there was an error that took me a long time to fix but I hope this time has been served in play testing so you can give some insightful last feedback. This is the third version which will in time be the last and final beta version of sand. This means I will not add any more features. There is only some detailing, fixes and minor adjustments that is going to be done for the final version.

What Ive added to the ba_jail_sand_beta3

Treehouse! :D http://puu.sh/dmV8M/e529b75c3d.jpg

Roulette http://puu.sh/dmVay/64d9040e0e.jpg

Dark Room

Tower mode (The community which hosts the map can decide to have the watch towers open since they might be a bit too OP for the CTs) http://puu.sh/dmW7S/ed57daa454.jpg

More detailing

Ive decided to not add a disco because of CS:GOs volume problems and I just did not think it fit to the atmosphere of the map.

I have taken some time to write a comparison between all the existing sand maps.

ba_jail_sand_v3 (CSS 2011)

Climb

Bhop

Jump rope (Fun fact: sand was the first map to have jump rope in a prisonbreak map)

ManCannon Game

Jump Game

Minefield

Basket Dunk

Pool

ba_jail_sand_csgo (2012)

Climb

Jumprope

ManCannon

Minefield

Basket Dunk

Indoor Pool

Cafeteria

ba_jail_sand (2014)

Climb

ManCannon

Minefield

Cafeteria

Improved Basket Dunk

Eye Candish Outdoor Pool

Bhop and Two Obstacle Courses

Improved Jump rope

Treehouse

Watch Towers with Interior

Roulette

Death pit

Complex Longjump Game

Dark Room

And here is a special thanks to you guys for your wonderful support and thanks for helping me making this jail, a permanent engraving in the map :)

99fa27584b.jpg