Sign in to follow this  
VeMi

ba_jail_sand_beta

Hello!

I've decided to make a new thread in your mapping section for the continued developing of the final version of sand. There has been much progress so far. (Old thread viewtopic.php?f=79&t=4818). Here you can discuss the beta version. Please help report bugs and errors. Also thoughts, criticism, suggestions and improvements about the beta version is much appreciated. Thanks again for your input and help :)

Here are the things that are finished:

New pool area

Turned old pool are into death box (similar to the one in spy vs spy)

Added many more details

Added a destroyed building

Added a gun cell (removed old zeus cell)

Changed the way you obtain guns in the armory

Here are the things yet to be added and finished:

Obstacle area (bhop and more)

Dark room

Helicopter pad on the roof

More detailing in the cells (minor things to do for inmates like suggested in the old thread)

A tree house

Roulette

I wonder if I could add the person in charge of putting up maps so I can give him the beta version

Will this include a helicopter people can go in?

- Check out the helicopters on trainingcamp & new summer (they're css maps, although I know kriss is porting trainingcamp to go & I think summer has a few go versions), not the helicopters on aeon & campus

Will this include a helicopter people can go in?

Yes people will be able to enter the heli though I have yet to decide if it should fly around or just be for show

The first beta version is finished so I can send it to whoever can upload it

I guess the only problem I still have with the map is the fact that rebelling is quite hard on it. I am not saying that it should be easy to rebel. Although it could perhaps be nice to have an extra hidden pistol at a spot or so? Don't know if others agree though.

And a VIP cell with a bit more stuff to break and walk around would be a nice change from all the times you are in a cell.

Edited by Guest

I guess the only problem I still have with the map is the fact that rebelling is quite hard on it. I am not saying that it should be easy to rebel. Although it could be perhaps be nice to have an extra hidden pistol at a spot or so? Don't know if other agree though.

And a VIP cell with a bit more stuff to break and walk around would be a nice change from all the times you are in a cell.

I do agree. It can be impossible, the only time you can rebel is due to an error that the cts do. Other than that there are no real chances.

The reason it is easy to rebel on some maps is because the terrorists are usually in a smaller space like indoors and such. It mostly has to do with the layout of the map. I chose to do sand more open because I felt that was the protocol for some of the more popular maps (summer, electric etc) If you remember lego jail in CSS it felt like a total rebel fest and I didnt want that. Hopefully now the new version should balance things out a bit more. It should be up on your server today.

Heres a few things I saw on my walk about, map looks very good lovely new activities without making the map easier to rebel, very nice work.

Gun dispenser is nice, will come in very handy for war days and future events

3BB0CDE08E0C6360605C1421945CE67417A09768

I don't understand what this is for

34C59B0CAEA4DA935DD36677CC4F4355D26ACDBA

The pool is absolutely stunning, and the death box game inside is a nice replacement (Although I can't seem to open the ladder once closed)

6A0497EB821813AEDABEA9856EEC950061E01A3B

Not sure if these are supposed to open, but they didn't in my case

06C9AE44AE824BCE9EA9E942ADD092334541AB8D

This bit of the skybox didn't work

3C0B0F5105C0F18A69115C17255D68BFDAA19CFE

This is the thing most in need of changing, this door should only be able to be opened by the CT's or something, defeats the purpose of the roof vent and we tend to use the roof for games a lot

9A403C5F74D2975466384AE9322D2ED66BBB8BD0