Sign in to follow this  
gaffeR

OB Jailbreak Back Open

But How will I involve myself in the community until I build my new computer? I'm really bad at things other people are really good at. :(

but all we really do is sit in TS and talk. im sure you can do that with a bad pc

I've lost it for cs in general, but that's another story.

Just to make a point that the JB Server is run on the event server. And as we need the server for testing and the such next week, JB will be down next week regardless and continue to be so until at least after the event.

I will let you guys attempt when it is up, I didn't exactly get much of a choice this time so I doubt it'd matter if I did demand it to not be put up o.e, but it is my opinion that OB JB will never work again as an active server. At most it can be up for 1-2 days as an event style / commemorating thing every now and then. That way keeps it a little fresh and you might have a couple of hours of fun every month or w/e rather than a continuously dead server.

Most people don't even play CS:S in general anymore. Even minigames is pretty much dead now. JB is too hard to populate and its like trying to run a community with three members. It won't work. When most people have played 100s hours+ it loses its appeal. Like Gaffer said the ship has sailed, we should try and let JB go.

People that bitch to each other get dealt with. As venga said it is mostly banter, we make sure that the line between banter and abuse is monitored carefully.

We only bitch about people that have been banned etc

People that bitch to each other get dealt with. As venga said it is mostly banter, we make sure that the line between banter and abuse is monitored carefully.

We only bitch about people that have been banned etc

Lets be honest its harder to convey banter over the internet and half the time it does feel like bitching, it gets very annoying

I think 90% of people understand the line between what's ok and what's not. Bitching is rare imo. But tbh even if there is some Bitching.... People bitch, that's life, you can't go through life without being surrounded by Bitching be it at school, work, out at the pub. Learn to get over it now and accept it. Life ain't perfect neither is this community, love it for what it is not for what you want it to be :))))

Lets be honest its harder to convey banter over the internet and half the time it does feel like bitching, it gets very annoying

Speak for yourself. I find it pretty easy to gauge. The bitching which does come up occasionally is hilarious and just exemplifies that someone couldn't take the bants. I get shit.but so does everyone (some worse than others ofc) . It's part of life, not just the Internet. As fluxy said

And as fir bitching you probably aren't on enough but it is something I specifically clamp down on. A lot of people have felt the wrath of a time out. Xoxo