Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

User Login Discussion

Steam Intergration vs Current System Of Manually Creating Accounts.

Steam intergration means your old logins will go, and you will use steam to connect to the forums and post etc. I'm currently looking into it and it appears it is do able. I also believe you will keep your old posts as a username can be assign to your steam name, merging the 2.

Current system, an admin will manually create new user accounts. This way will take longer. Users have to be manually created, then approved, they will also have to wait for an admin to be online.

So discuss and ask questions here to help us decide.

If it prevents the issue and works smoothly then I don't see why not. It is a much better method than delaying people signing up for the forums through the longer method and if it's doable then I can't see any arguments against it. [unless there is any drawbacks which you/we haven't been made aware of yet]

On the other hand, if you do choose to stick to the admin panel - any possibility that more of the OB admins are able to make accounts for people, if it did come to it then more people would make it faster to create accounts for people.

I will not be linking my steam account to a forum to allow me to post.

Obviously everyone has their own preferences, but could you tell us why etc? That way if more people are similar to you it allows us to see if there is away around it.

When will retards listen to me

It's not a fucking bot signing up. It's a group of people making shit tons of accounts. I have said this so many times, we have tried catpchas, questions, colours. Everything. They keep coming through.

I have no idea why i thought it was a bot, sorry about that

Sadly another issue is still floating around. That is that the bots are still flooding the forum. I have turned off registration.

Side note

I dont think i'd log with steam for a forum because i'd be worried of it being hacked

Well for an untrusted website, so maybe new people would be worried

The login works through steam. Our steam passwords wouldn't be saved on this server.