Sign in to follow this  
Wist

Which phone can I taaaaaaaaake

Basically, my HTC Wildfire has run its merry course and has now brickified, and I've finally realised that it's stupidly old and rubbish and I need a new phone.

*However*

I cannae decide between 3 supah smartphones. They're all more or less £27 a month and have all the latest doo-dahs, but I'd like opinions from owners if you are one

Contender one: The iPhone 5

apple-iphone-5-unboxing-14.jpg

Smooth, sleek, universally hated and adored, prone to chipping but lovely and smooth. Standard enough.

Contender two: HTC One

DSC05650-hero_large_verge_super_wide.jpg

The size of sweden and with a screen as wide as my ego, I'm seriously tempted. Buuut android was not so good to me in the past, and the last one I tried was a bit dodgy and froze a little.

It does come with a dear Dr. Dre stuck in every phone though:

112007_dre.jpg

Contender three: Galaxy S4

dsc00300.jpg

Already massively popular and has raving reviews, though they all do, really.

The HTC One and S4 are virtually the same size, both larger than the iphone. HTC claim the One will never ever slow down, and Samsung say that the S4 could rewrite all of time and space and dance the tango, and apple basically say suck our moneypenis as per usual. So, in lieu of Rebecca Black:

WHICH PHONE CAN I TAAAAAAAAAAKE?

I have briefly, before I had to get back to class. But there's little kinks or bugs that you can never find in a 10-minute play around in the store, and it's those I'd like to find out. My wildfire froze constantly, and that was never obvious from the display model.

im in the same position. i have the iPhone4 and my contract is going to end as well. i like the iphone it does what i need. I still have some time to decide. im in doubt of choosing the galaxy s4 or the iphone5, or maybe wait for the new iphone wich will probably will be iphone 5s.

I use an iPhone 4s and I really like it, so I'd say go for iPhone 5

the only main draw is the battery, but you get used to it really.

- keep the brightness fairly low (not THAT low)

- close apps when not using them

- charge, stick it in an ipod/phone dock when not using it

and it'll run very smoothly!

:))

IPhone 5, just my opinion, I've had iPhone's from the iPhone 2 an I've never been disappointed, there might not be much of a difference between the 4 and the 5 , however I phones are so easy to use and abuse I just find them amazing, I had a HTC and the battery was SOOOO shit, not saying the iPhone battery is amazing, but compared to the HTC its much better.

iPhones are limited, they are for people who seek a simplistic yet limited mobile experience. The OS is boring, iOS 7 looks worse. Multi-tasking is terrible, no Flash, very little customisation; everything technical is hidden behind idiot proof menus. iTunes, need I say anything?