Sign in to follow this  
Quinn

Choices.

So, I'm going into year nine next year and need to choose my options. Which is scary, since this will probably govern a large portion of my life. My school breaks up this weak, giving me a nice six weeks to think about it, but I'd love some advice if anyone would be kind enough to give it to me.

tl;dr help confused scrub choose lyf

What do you like doing?

Languages?

Maths?

Do triple science and language, only shit worth doing at GCSE that is worth half a fuck later on

Also don't fail, GCSEs are easy if you try even a little bit

1. Can't help you choose your options unless you tell us what your options are.

2. In general it should always be what you enjoy the most and are strongest at, friends and teachers aside.

3. Art for Artisticzombie.

Though in all seriousness, as long as you keep a wide range of subjects and don't just bum off the easy topics, GCSE's don't affect your carreer choices to that much of an extent and although for some it is much more troublesome...I didn't have any issues with choosing.

Just as I said before, don't pick a topic due to friends [if you have any] or because of a teacher who you think is better because that doesn't help you enjoy the subject itself.

EDIT : Due to my set, I have no choice but to take Triple Science, Maths, Further Maths, English, English Lit..etc.

Though for choices I chose Spanish, Geography, History and Sports Studies.

Edited by Guest

If you do enjoy science then triple science is a must.

And languages as well.

Simply because they are actually recognised as a good subject in the future and not something shit on the side like 'business' - which is a waste of time

All I will say is:

Pick something you will enjoy.

The worst thing you can do is pick something you absolutely hate because you'll think it'll help you. It will just waste your time.

Secondly,

Just don't worry about it so much! GCSEs are important, absolutely (a lot of University courses require you to have certain GCSEs etc) but just relax and take it cool.

you'll be fine :D

My school breaks up this weak

LOL

Anyway what I have found is that the technology subjects are my favorite and I have chosen to do one each year, also I thought that options were in year 10 and 11 not year 9 :?

You really should do something creative, it can be much use in many jobs.

I to had problems with my options switching from option to option - however I struggled to choose besides geography and art but my school were helpful enough to give you art as a 5th option, not sure if this is possible for you but its worth talking to someone about it.

My options then ended up with: Sport Studies, History, French, and Geography.