Sign in to follow this  
Wist

What are steam's gems?

With my new build (after months of PSU, cpu, hdd and w/e issues I'm finally biting the bullet and buying a new computer - my dual i3s will turn into quad core i5/i7s l0l) I get two free steam games:

But I have no idea what to get.

So what two games are the best of the best on steam? If you could pick two ie money no object (this doesn't apply to like, the bethesda bundle etc)

You got the usual as said already...Bioshock...Hitman...CoH...you get the point.

If you can get 2, I'd personally get one I know I will enjoy and one that I want to risk for a bit of the lolz.

I have this game called Sanctum. It's a first person shooter tower defence sort of game. It's better than it sounds, but it's only really good if you play it with a group :o [4 is the limit though :/]

It is only £6.99.

I know the choice is unlikely...but I've had so many laughs with people on this game xD Most of the time being like : 'That's everyone...but why hasn't the round finished? ... fuck!' x)

At the end of the day it's whatever your favourite type of game is :o

Edit : http://store.steampowered.com/app/91600/ If anyone else is interested in buying it and playing for the lolz x)

I also own sanctum and I agree, it is a really good game.

I think the Big releases have been rather disappointing as the hype bubble explodes. I would look at Total biscuit's WTF series on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/show/wtfis) to help as I have found Natural selection 2 and FTL, both games that are brilliant.

Other games to consider:

Civilisation V (best with a friend and games are long)

Portal (1 or 2)

Anti Chamber (havent played since release but had ago while it was in alpha)

Hope this helps

Okay, for the record I have portal and skyrim. So bioshock infinite? Tempting, tempting

Probably not GTAIV as it's so cheap in the sales... I could possibly save it for GTAV?

Like, usually shooters, but I'm getting a bit bored of them. Civ 5 looks good, I hardly ever play strategy games.

Anything racing is a no-no. Oh, and no horror, I'm a pussy