Sign in to follow this  
Scrobbesbyrig

Kenshi? A RPG taking things a bit too seriously?

So this is an Indie game project (still in beta, but it's playable) that delves deep into the means of what IS a RPG Simulator & Absolutely annihilates it.

I played the demo for it and safe to say, they get it right.

When I play an RPG, I'm always a bit miffed if the main character is already picked for me, his personality, his looks, and his endings. I'm never fully in control of the bastard because I'm only guiding the guy to one of the many endings for him.

Kenshin instead, says "hey here's a pretty shit character, he can't do anything & you made him look like britney spears in rehab" it leaves you with absolutely nothing except the sword on his back & His poor trousers, in a city, in the middle of a 400km desert.

You quite literally stand no chance at the beginning alone, so I just spot this group leaving to the desert & I follow them.

5 minutes later, they are attacked by a mob of at least 20 bandits, and I'm standing there with my rusty piece of crap katana, just hoping I don't get killed,

In the end, My character lost his left arm (yes, his entire left arm was lobbed off in the fight) and I'm bandaged from head to bloody toe. The group of guys I was with are walking off not giving 2 fucks, leaving the entourage of dead bodies..

But I notice one of the bandits has a bounty on him, so I drag the dead bandit back to the city, and what do you know? It's a big bloody bounty.

So, I spend all my money on armour, A new katana, and finally some lovely shoes. Hire a few guys & buy a new robotic arm.

10 minutes later I'm out in the desert, dead. Why?

Because the bandits were pissed, I put in jail one of their boss's so what do they do?

Hire a f*cking ninja to f*ck my day up, and he did just that.

But the fact remains that this was my guys story, I helped mold that ending (even if it ended with him bleeding out in the desert).

He wasn't perfect, he wasn't the strongest bastard in the entire world.

He was just some idiot who thought he could make some money by fawqing with some bandits.

TL:DR This game is deep, get demo, buy shoes, die, buy game.

Edited by Guest

Yeah I will admit that Gaz, the game is still in v0.4, but its amazing at how much everything reacts with each other, even though its still early access. I just thought that it deserved some attention, because the more work thats done into it, the higher the price is going to get!

Ill probs get it when its fully released, I think if I got it when it wasn't quite ready yet I would get bored by the time the polished product came out and I wouldn't have much interest in playing it.

Its hard to even fight, I find myself hitting a bloody dummy until level 5, then after that its just sticking with a group of people and fighting a guy with a group of people (and buy a crap ton of first aid), also make yourself encumbered, it increases your strength which in turn helps you kill things.....

Its a complicated game, it annihilates you if you dont know what your doing.