Sign in to follow this  
Tiny

Mobile ringdings

Hi all, wasn't sure if this was a media section thread but..

So i have an iPhone atm , bought into the hype a while back and got a 4S.

To clarify, it's not that i don't like the phone. I do. Apple h8rz will complain but i've used it for a long time and it's been fairly reliable, pretty durable and done everything i needed it to do.

HOWEVER.

I'm now looking to change to an Android. A few friends have them and they just seem to outperform the iPhone. So, do i get a Nexus or a Samsung? Nexus has more bang for ya buck, but the Samsung is slightly better.

What phones do you all have? Any horror stories/positive anecdotes?

As a sidenote, it will cost me £400 to end my contract now, but i could probably make over half that just buy selling the iPhone back to Vodaphone, since it's in near perfect condition.

TL;DR - I need a new android phone, wat get

So i have an iPhone atm , bought into the hype a while back and got a 4S.

Ahh, nice one dude. I got one aswell, good choice :)

To clarify, it's not that i don't like the phone. I do. Apple h8rz will complain but i've used it for a long time and it's been fairly reliable, pretty durable and done everything i needed it to do.

Yeah, I agree they simply give you everything you wish for in a phone :-P, would never change for my life!

HOWEVER

huh...?

I'm now looking to change to an Android.

abandon.gif

I have a galaxy s2.

Love it. Had it nearly a year. Although it sometimes restarts itself, or unexpectantly purges the battery. No clue why, I think it might be because I haven't done software update yet perhaps?

I have a galaxy s2.

Love it. Had it nearly a year. Although it sometimes restarts itself, or unexpectantly purges the battery. No clue why, I think it might be because I haven't done software update yet perhaps?

Go to Settings -> Battery, and it will show you what is using up battery. It's likely a badly coded app in the background.

The screen will usually be the biggest drainer by far, regardless of whether you game on it or just use it for contacting people. Cell standby will be quite high if you're travelling all day too.

@Muffin, hm, okay, i regularly bathe my iPhone too so that might be a winner.

@Venga, us young whippersnappers love our fancy new gadgets <3

@Twist, that GIF made me spit hot chocolate over my keyboard, gg

@Gaz, that kind of puts me off the samsung, but i'd be getting an S3 (afaik that's the newest model) so..

@Jake, stop being a tech wizzerd and help.<3

You definitly like my phone!

8Mp camera,

1Gh processor

3,5mm jack

and running android!

You can buy mine!!!

Link: http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_ray-3972.php

Only negative thing is: I've send my phone back 3 times now (3x 3weeks) because it doesn't want to unlock when it locks itself after the 10seconds... But that's just a small bad aspect.. So, let's make a deal. 100€? I send it to you as soon as it is back from the Sony services! (It even got 1 and a half year of warranty left. Isn't that just a wonderful deal?)

I have a galaxy s2.

Me too... A really brilliant rival for the iPhone 4s

S3 is the next step up, soon to be the S4, So Tiny, stick around for that one.

Nexus are no competition for the iPhone. Samsung are the rivals, you seen them battling it out for patents in the news? Some indication there.

Or look into the Sony Xperia Z