Sign in to follow this  
Iszuka™

Windows 8

So it's that time again when i realize my every-day use laptop is full of useless junk and could do with a fresh install.

I was planning on giving Windows 8 a wide birth but something about the general look of it interested me.

Not quite sure what, but i thought i'd give it a go seeing as i was planning on a new OS install anyway.

First impressions weren't good. You're given a cluttered 'Metro' screen with apps i certainly wouldn't be using like the Sports app or Finance app. They're all jumbled up in some unorganized mess.

-Might just be a personal peeve but to me it looked a mess-

Obviously it's designed for tablets and touch screens in mind. I bloody hate touch screens.

After a few hours of playing around with settings, organizing folders and shortcuts, re-installing all my essential applications like Steam and Photoshop: it's beginning to look quite pretty.

BCuYH.png

I like how sharp the windows are, no nonsense. All the colours are fresh.

G3qCv.png

The task manager is alot more informative and easier to read than previous builds.

wMUVs.png

The 'Start' screen AKA 'Metro' after i removed all the clutter.

IARKy.png

All of the basic apps used through Metro have the same minimalistic look to them.

All of the usual functions are the same as Win7, with little Win8 visual tweaks.

I'll keep playing around with it, nothing's compelling me to get rid of it. I'm genuinely surprised.

So questions:

Any of you going to upgrade? Already have it?

Love it? Hate it?

Edited by Guest

Actually from the day the windows 8 beta came out i swore that i will never again buy a another OS from them again. I've already gone a bit in to Linux and will never return. They have changed the system that i like witch means that i no longer trust them to improve the things i liked. By going touch screen friendly they are selling out to the tablet and the phone marked witch i despise because of there lack of customization and non programmer friendly interfaces. I'm also not forgiving that they mostly just copied the desktop and slapped a touch screen interface instead of having a start button, added sharper corners on the explorers windows and added the tab system witch has been in office since 2007. Only good thing about it is that they removed the gadgets.

Further more it's good slapped with a shit load of shit.

This is me being honest so don't give me any shit about it and i won't stop saying the word shit

Love, Cake.