Sign in to follow this  
Fluxy

It's here bois

New inferno has dropped. Not officially but in the beta form. To enable it you simply right click csgo in your library, click properties and the last tab is called betas. 

1a287dc9408775f71aaaf96a69803787.png

you wanna go with the 1.35.3rc- one, highlighted here and then it will download and you can select it. 

http://imgur.com/a/xBSOz < Link to an imgur album of screenshots. 

All in all I really love the look and feel of the map. Seems like valve listened to the criticisms of the over flashy but really badly designed nuke. Its still undeniably inferno, but a cleaner one. T side looks much less of a ball  ache with wider angles and less choke points. You can now drive a bus down banana and have a whole party in apps, sans dark room thank god. Visibility is great with clear angels. Also pit has been nerfed which makes me happy. 

Let me know what you guys think of INFERNEW :spooky:  

fluxy said it best but imo it's got extra space that doesn't need to be there, but that might just be because im used to the old inferno

"all in all I really love the look and feel of the map. Seems like valve listened to the criticisms of the over flashy but really badly designed nuke. Its still undeniably inferno, but a cleaner one. T side looks much less of a ball  ache with wider angles and less choke points. You can now drive a bus down banana and have a whole party in apps, sans dark room thank god. Visibility is great with clear angels. Also pit has been nerfed which makes me happy. " - fluxy 

i also made a short video but will edit once i've uploaded and shit :D

Edited by Rich Homie Sniffles

The Rework of the map is very interesting as they have removed more of the cover and made the map more spacious and open. i think this is great because it means that it will change the way the map is played. 

Those thinking that they prefer all the tight spaces covers and corners as they come in hand a lot for ct side defending the site. you can see this as a good thing because it means that although it is making it maybe relatively easier for the t's to push onto a side and take it. it means that when ct the retakes that will take place on the map will also be easier, which were one of the biggest problems with the map. This just means that IMO they are trying to make the map less one sided. This opens up more possibilities for epic moments and clutch situations to happen all over the map.:grin:

What i do like though apart from this are the looks to the map. since as fluxy said, they likely have listen to the criticism about the nuke rework and tried not to change the overall looks of the map to much. IMO the map looks much cleaner and smooth from these screenshots. i particularly like the bomb site which (mainly a site) are more open to the sun the exposure makes it look better for me. what i still want to look at is the inside of apps properly to see the layout on the inside. (is it the same? more spacious? etc).

Looks pretty good at first sight,it's also good to see them actually using the beta to test for bugs and such.One thing I have seen which is hopefully fixed is the skybox on a site needs to be removed so you can throw smokes over for an exacute,this is such an vital thing for teams based around strats and really is cool to see it from a spectator view when watching the major tournaments.

Edited by Guest