Robert

Audio Help

Okay soo. I'm thinking of upgrading some things in the audio department of my setup.

I want to be able to play audio from my headphones (What I Am Hearing) through my microphone.

Preferably a hardware solution so at any point i press a button or turn a knob and anyone that i am talking to can hear what is going through my headphones.

I'm thinking of getting an 'Alesis Multimix 4' for my setup.

I'm wondering if there is any solution to my problem through this audio mixer in particular.

Or if their are any out their that can satisfy my needs?

If anyone can give me the answer or just any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

+If anyone has any experience with Ableton Live and can help me with a few things it would be much appreciated.

Edited by Robert

Do you mean you want to play the sound in your headphones through speakers to an audience?

Or you want it to return to your computer so you can record direct?

Or you want to use your mic as a line out so that nothing is recorded but, like Jamie said, you can spam TS or CS with noise?

9 hours ago, Jak said:

Do you mean you want to play the sound in your headphones through speakers to an audience?

Or you want it to return to your computer so you can record direct?

Or you want to use your mic as a line out so that nothing is recorded but, like Jamie said, you can spam TS or CS with noise?

One of the possibilities would be to play sounds through TS or CS, recording it would be simple, but i don't know how to route the sound coming from say, Ableton Live, into my microphone.

3 hours ago, Skeff said:

I assume you want to use your stereo mix as your microphone. Set up varies depending on what operating system you're on but here is a windows 7 tutorial - http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/

I know how to use stereo mix but that would make it so ALL computer sounds go through my microphone? Is there a way that i can set some sort of keybind to enable this on and off?

2 hours ago, Jak said:

Yep, then in that case stereo mix is probably the easiest way without having to spend money on a mixer etc.

I am going to spend money on a mixer anyway, is there any mixers that do this such as the one i already listed?

The point of this thread was for people to help me, instead of insulting me. I have done a lot of searching but found nothing that shows me how to do what i want to do. If you could HELP me in finding what i need to it would be appreciated.