Sign in to follow this  
IrishChamp

If you have any skins on betting websites, it's time to take them out.

9 hours ago, Toby. said:

Its a shame really as i am sure a lot of people enjoyed gambling as such to a limit, except the times you lost... but when you won, oh boy was it a good feeling, wooooohooooo

I kind of feel for the people that make their living from streaming gambling e.g. PhamtomLord, OGjosh etc. Makes you think what they will do. Hopefully this isnt the end of the Gambling world for csgo, in my opinion valve will reinstate gambling for csgo but with more inforced harsh rules that will help it out, but like i said my opinion. :)

If anybody feels any sympathy for the greedy cunt PhantomLord, please watch this video from 6:57 - 10:10

He is an evil bastard who took advantage of his fans, young and old, making a fuck tonne of cash in the process. Well worth a 4 minute watch to educate yourself. If you have time go for the whole video, Richard Lewis is a great journalist, though his videos are very time consuming.

IMO csgolounge should be ok, they have a huge trading side that does not even use bots which is fine with valve, thats not what they are after. Sure they might have to halt their betting side and that would be a great shame, especially for the pro scene. 

Also as richard lewis has pointed out(since pretty much every piece of info on this thread has come from his videos) OPSKINS isnt on the list of websites being supposedly targeted by volvo. (if that later is real which it might not be). Possibly pointing to them being left out of the crack down as they offer no use of gambling or betting. 

tbh I really don't think this NEEDS to happen, yes the retarded CSGOWINMONEYOMFG.COM.BET.GG sites that cropped up in masses everyday got irritating and i'm not sad to see them go but I think its a harm to remove it all together. What I would like to see is a few large regulated sites, CSGOLOUNGE being a good example, that required some sort of age verification to prove you were over the age to gamble in your country. 

As others have pointed out, CSGO can only be viewed as a sport, and you can bet on any other sport, so why not this one? Its very annoying that for all the of age people who have responsibility to be denied that activity because what seems to be concerns towards underage betting.   

32 minutes ago, Fluxy said:

As others have pointed out, CSGO can only be viewed as a sport, and you can bet on any other sport, so why not this one? Its very annoying that for all the of age people who have responsibility to be denied that activity because what seems to be concerns towards underage betting.   

I believe Fanobet is still operating, where they now check ID.