Sign in to follow this  
Fluxy

Windows 10

Im putting this in here at risk of angering someone I guess but IDGAF. Its technology related. 

So. Since my PC has been nagging me for the past month or so and I have heard that it has been a massive improvement on Windows 8 I decided to get my free upgrade to windows 10. Has any one else done this? 

Been using it for only about half an hour and there is obviously alot to learn. I have already turned off cortana and microsoft "edge" their new browser but so far I kinda dig it. Pretty impressed with how quick and easy the upgrade was too and looks like they have tried to keep that old windows feel instead of chucking it out the window (no pun intended). 

So what are your guy's thoughts? 

I used Windows 8 and upgraded ages ago to Win 10. Haven't regretted 1 bit. It's way faster in my opinion and yeah Cortana is ok but I sometimes use it to set reminders and Edge is gone from my task bar, google chrome all the way.

I never used Windows 8 as I simply didn't like it. Upgraded straight from Windows 7 and have been loving it all the way along.

It's much faster and better in my opinion. If I had to revert back to Windows 7 I would be having a rough time.

Yes it seems like there are a bunch of pretty cool features that I'll learn in time. I couldn't get cortana to really work so I just disabled it right away, plus I don't want that bitch listening to me all the time.

Another thing is that I would like to find a way of making the Windows Search function default to google chrome when I search something on the web. Right now it just keeps on using the edge browser AND USING FUCKING BING LIKE WTF GTFO OUT MY LIFE BING. 

I like Windows 10, I have it too. Although I've had a couple of problems with it before like for example the start button not working and the searcher not working either. Also, now my store app doesn't work I don't know why. Other than that, it's okay.

Yeah the store. I'm kinda like wtf, like I can download apps for Netflix, Facebook, Gmail all that.

I mean cool I guess, like, that's marginally faster than typing the site into google but seems a bit pointless imo. 

I have never been a fan of trying to make a PC operating system work like a mobile operating system and that is where Windows 8 fucked up. 

I started queing for the upgrade the second it was released and was really happy with it at first as it was alot easier to search for things if your unorganised like i am but i still prefer the simplicity of windows 7.

4 hours ago, Daffy Duck said:

Having read everyone else's comments now. Is it definitely worth upgrading from 8 then? 

Windows 8 is a piece of garbage. I used it for a year and a bit on a laptop and got used to it, if you asked me at the time I would have said it wasn't even that bad. But when I got my desktop and I went back to Windows 7 it's very apparent how fucking bad Windows 8 is. If you have Windows 8 I would 100% recommend upgrading cause you will have a much better user experience. 

14 hours ago, Daffy Duck said:

Having read everyone else's comments now. Is it definitely worth upgrading from 8 then? 

100% worth it. I think the most used OS for Windows is 7 followed by 10 and only like less than 15% of Windows users use windows 8 still. 

On 5/21/2016 at 21:35, Daffy Duck said:

I liked 7, hated 8 but 10 is the best so far, speedy and easy. It has some minor little bugs that I can't think to name but I guess that comes with Windows