ColdMeekly<3

Programming/Coding Section

Poll it out next time :3  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think having a Coding/Programming Section is a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

So we have two options

- Add more sections to the forums that will cover most topics that people could talk about.

or

- Utilise the current forum to discuss whatever we like.

I think you're going to have to learn, especially as a programmer, the best and most efficient method isn't always the most optimised.

Skeff, i can clearly see that you're against this. But don't you think that you never know how this is going to turn out? It's better to try than to just sit there and use your best predicting methods.

After all, it doesn't cost anything to add a new section, and this can only simplify it for everyone.

Hey Meekly, Coding section was something that has been suggested many times before in the past, so we have agreed to change the Mapping forums to "Tech Talk" which is now open to Mapping, graphics and ... wait for it... Coding! related topics. We decided it was better to group together all of those similar subjects instead of having their own forums and have something which was nicely said above as a "ghost town". Anyway, I hope all the nerds are happy with the new section and I am sure it will take no time to get bombarded with code and other nerdy stuff. Have fun.

Edited by Gunstar

Oh no I wasn't against it I just didn't think what you were suggesting would work. Having the map section turn into a tech section makes some sense because people have used it to talk about plugins in the past. Although I do have a fear the maps will get buried inside this section which is annoying because I see them as needing good visibility as they are things our players can potentially play whereas the average community member doesn't give a shite about other tech topics.

3 hours ago, Skeff said:

Having the map section turn into a tech section makes some sense because people have used it to talk about plugins in the past. Although I do have a fear the maps will get buried inside this section which is annoying because I see them as needing good visibility as they are things our players can potentially play whereas the average community member doesn't give a shite about other tech topics.

I kinda agree about the visibility, but other than that the section was too underused anyway for the visibility part to be useful. Mapping kinda falls under "tech" anyway so it was put there, but let's see how it goes.