Sign in to follow this  
Rumple Forskin

Game crash on Sdk load

Hey, so i haven't been improving my map recently , due to being busy and giving up , i have recently decided to finish my map , (basically finalizing) , and back when i was making my map i hit a point near the end where eventually i ran into a big problem , every time i compiled my map and loaded it through command in csgo , the map would load , get to loading resources and then csgo would quit instantly with no error message . I am quite stupid as i never realy compiled my whole map (on fast setting) very often due to it taking 10 minutes plus. So i would always cut out the rest and compile the section i worked on . Then i ran into this problem after alot of adding had been completed on my map. Now i am at this problem , when i compile every part of the map by its self it all works . I have made sure nothing is outside the 3d skybox surrounding my map (no leaks) , i have made copy's of the map and deleted "suspected" errors . None of which has worked. I found online answers and none of these have helped me as i have made sure i have not made any of the mistakes. So i am completely stumped with no idea on how to progress. I would very much appreciate help on how to fix this. The compile log is below (sorry its so long ) , please could some one have a look and help , would be greatly appreciated and whoever can help me solve this can have credit on the map build. thanks and sorry its so long <3 ( i dont blame u if u dont want to help ) :) , rest of log i will post in comments

http://pastebin.com/raw/hSS7uPTx

http://pastebin.com/raw/ZiqAa5ci

This website helps spot build errors from the build log. It also provides solutions and links to help fix issues.

There are two main issues the website outlines.

1. You have way too many lights on a brush, 6 is the maximum you can have so either chop up your brush and/or remove some lights.

- Side note: Don't try adding lighting effects or turn lights on/off in CSGO because of the recent CSGO lighting bugs.

2. You have a variety of issues with overlapping brushes.

Yeah... Use that website and follow its help to sort out your map.

ok , so don't know if people will still see this but didn't want to make a whole new topic . 

I have just got back to my map as it keeps bugging me that i cant finish it . I have done alot of research and the lights on face thing wont have an impact on the map load at all , neither would overlapping brushes

I had overlapping brushes and too many lights on certain faces before this error occurred and the map would compile and run fine with some yellow errors.

I have even taken every part of the map and compiled it all separatly and every part works by itself but as a whole it crashes my game . I have changed the surrounding skybox and this also has had no effect.

I have read that the reason for game crashing on loading textures is either due to altered brushes such as carving , using different tools to shape them or accidentally having props as prop_vehicle instead of prop_dynamic ect.. . I have made sure all of my props are not prop_vehicles by removing them and compiling and checking them. Also the vertex tool or whatever the shaping one was called again i have not used in the map creation at all. So i am still completely stumped on where to go from now . If you have any ideas on how i could fix this and get it to not crash on loading textures then please reply .

I can send the map file if needed . Thanks <3 

Edited by Rumple Forskin

Thanks alot ^ , and yeah found some realy friendly matey today who helped . Turns out there was an invisible func_physbox hiding within that map that kept duplicating itself and moving. Thanks to this awesome guy called joseyH from LR managed to find it in the code and remove all 3. (for any1 that cares) . 

Thanks for the help from skeff and others :)

shame my map is shit lol 

48 minutes ago, Rumple Forskin said:

Thanks alot ^ , and yeah found some realy friendly matey today who helped . Turns out there was an invisible func_physbox hiding within that map that kept duplicating itself and moving. Thanks to this awesome guy called joseyH from LR managed to find it in the code and remove all 3. (for any1 that cares) . 

Thanks for the help from skeff and others :)

shame my map is shit lol 

ADVERTISING LR PEOPLE IN OB BAN HIM