Sign in to follow this  
Smokey

Forum sections

I feel the need for a complaint section is unnecessary. If you have an issue with something just talk to them and/or an admin about them, it's often surprising what confronting a person can achieve, even if it is daunting. Similarly if someone is acting bad enough that you have to complain then they're a good candidate for muting/bans, so the ban/unban section is useful.

As for the rules I think it would be nicer to have them slightly easier to see however they are current indexed in the exact location you'd expect so there isn't any confusion when you do look for them.

Rules are easy enough to find in game by typing

!rules or /rules

Also, if anyone is knew to jailbreak - tell them to type !games will explain it. It's easier to do it in game rather than trawling through the forum

!rules or /rules

Also, if anyone is knew to jailbreak - tell them to type !games will explain it. It's easier to do it in game rather than trawling through the forum

I disagree with you. People have to type !rules to read the rules, during a game, not efficiënt. I just thought about a nice idea that if someone registers on our forums, that they will automatic be directed too the rules section, where they can take their time and read it. This way, you are absolutely sure they came across the rules. What about the complaint section?

!rules or /rules

I disagree with you. People have to type !rules to read the rules, during a game, not efficiënt. I just thought about a nice idea that if someone registers on our forums, that they will automatic be directed too the rules section, where they can take their time and read it. This way, you are absolutely sure they came across the rules.

Most new players die very quickly if they're on T, plenty of time.

CT is a bit more of an issue, but admins can typically keep an eye out for players they don't recognise, and even then just because they're new to our server, doesn't mean they're new to jailbreak as a whole. Our rules don't differ that much, we're just more lenient e.g. warning shots, no afk freeze.

!rules or /rules

I disagree with you. People have to type !rules to read the rules, during a game, not efficiënt. I just thought about a nice idea that if someone registers on our forums, that they will automatic be directed too the rules section, where they can take their time and read it. This way, you are absolutely sure they came across the rules.

Most new players die very quickly if they're on T, plenty of time.

CT is a bit more of an issue, but admins can typically keep an eye out for players they don't recognise, and even then just because they're new to our server, doesn't mean they're new to jailbreak as a whole. Our rules don't differ that much, we're just more lenient e.g. warning shots, no afk freeze.

You have a point there. But still, I think it is more clear for players to find the rules on the forums, especially the GENERAL RULES. I am not only talking about the rules on jailbreak, I am talking about all the rules. And it would be shit to read ALL the rules while being in the game. A forum is made to find or share information regarding the server or anything else. This should also mean rules!

Isn't it safe to assume the jailbreak rules would be in the CSGO Jailbreak section where they're stickied?

Forum rules are basically don't spam or post NSFW content outside the 18+ section.

I've seen the rules in the section, I just thought about merging everything, and make one rule section on top of the forums, where people can read and find it all in just one click, instead of scrolling around, looking for where the rules are for everything. Just trying to make this more user-friendly.

Edited by Guest

!rules or /rules

Are we sure this is currently working? Last time I tried it, it didn't work.

Forums are fine how they are.

11cc294.gif

A complaint section....yep, can totally see that not being spammed to within an inch of its life with troll threads.

Yes, a complaint section. Where problems can be dealt with the proper way. Sure, let others troll in the complaint section by making false posts, simply close or remove the topic, warn, punish or forum ban them for it, they'll learn. Common sense that this section is only for legit serious reports that players want to solve out. Many things are left unsolved, you can't deny that.

Edited by Guest

Rachel pointed one out to me that i thought i'd confirmed as non-existant.

Before creating a spoof OB group, I scoured the General rules for something that states spoof |OB| tags aren't allowed, but the rule is actually found in the Jailbreak section.

Just an example, but i would appreciate a bit more structure.

Rachel pointed one out to me that i thought i'd confirmed as non-existant.

Before creating a spoof OB group, I scoured the General rules for something that states spoof |OB| tags aren't allowed, but the rule is actually found in the Jailbreak section.

Just an example, but i would appreciate a bit more structure.

A) -- General Server Rules - applies to all of our servers

9 ♦ Don't impersonate other players, members or staff. Also no fake OB steam groups.