Wouldn't it be nice to have some perks as a T or CT? I was thinking about it and made a list of examples. I know it is a bit overpowered at first, but maybe we can compensate this and make it in something that could actually work! In that way, you also have more reasons to buy and spend your credits.

Terrorists:

Poison: (200 credits)

When you hit a CT with your knife, his life will slowly drain. (He must heal at times)

10 health or more will drop every 20 seconds or more, so that means the CT must heal at times.

Sharpened: (100 credits)

Your knife does double damage.

If you would hit a CT in his waist, and it does 55 damage, it will do 110 instead.

Speed: (100 credits)

When used, your speed will increase for 5 seconds.

You get the same speed as you have with ''last request'' knife battle.

Scavenger: (100 credits)

You get twice the ammo of anything you pick up.

So instead of picking up one flash, you pick up 2 flashes. I wouldn't consider to give someone a toygun who has this perk.

Counter-Terrorist

Camera: (100 credits)

You will have the ability to see if a T is carrying anything lethal for 10 seconds.

Not sure how to implement this.

Tag: (100 credits)

This perk places a bug on a T.

This means a CT can see where the T is going at all times on the map.

Additional information:

- You can only have one perk at a time.

- Every perk you buy can only be used once per round.

- The way you buy will go the same as you buy items from the !shop.

Edited by Guest

It's never really been our aim to make it easier to kill the CT's who are commanding since on many maps it is already far too easy to actually rebel due to pistols spawning in cells and generally CT's not being careful when it comes to getting in range of zeusing or watching T's at all times. Adding certain perks such as these will just make maps that are already hard to command on physically impossible unless T's just choose not to rebel.

The ideas are nice and it's good to see that you are willing to suggest new ideas but truthfully I don't believe we will ever add things such as double knife damage or poison since it will just make the game more T sided and probably less fun in the long run.

you should probably like have to buy it every round cuz otherwise poison will be to strong

Yes, I will update it, and fill all your ideas and suggestions into this, making it beter.

The ideas are nice and it's good to see that you are willing to suggest new ideas but truthfully I don't believe we will ever add things such as double knife damage or poison since it will just make the game more T sided and probably less fun in the long run.

Maybe we can compensate this by giving CT perks as well.

Edited by Guest

As much as I think this perks seems fairly cool and interesting, I'd have to agree with Substick. One of my favorite aspects of OB as a server is that everything is balanced, so the new player is just as likely to rebel or win a game as an older one. As much as I'd love to get a speed boost and win a race or get a cheeky backstab on a CT I honestly don't think it's fair; it overcomplicates the game for newer player, and turns JB into a pay2win system that I completely disagree with. (Donation > Credits > Perks).

As much as I think this perks seems fairly cool and interesting, I'd have to agree with Substick. One of my favorite aspects of OB as a server is that everything is balanced, so the new player is just as likely to rebel or win a game as an older one. As much as I'd love to get a speed boost and win a race or get a cheeky backstab on a CT I honestly don't think it's fair; it overcomplicates the game for newer player, and turns JB into a pay2win system that I completely disagree with. (Donation > Credits > Perks).

>conor scratches chin

>conor talks to unseen + cheesepuff

>perks system introduced

>?????

>conor scratches chin

>conor talks to unseen + cheesepuff

>perks system introduced

>?????

Yes, i've read this somewhere about the introduction, that is why I suggested it.

...and turns JB into a pay2win system that I completely disagree with. (Donation > Credits > Perks).

Hmm, good thing to think about. I didn't mention this idea to make a profit out of it. I just want to offer players more possibilities to spend their credits, so that they can have more fun with it.

It's a double-edged sword about perks/upgrades/items.

You either encourage donators to donate and acquire items(cosmetics or gameplay related personal gains)

You either encourage people to spend more time on the server and acquire items via activity points(cosmetics or gameplay related gains)

And lastly you encourage the server to rely on a mitigation between the ct team and t team where both parties cooperate to achieve fun. Ct's being creative, and t's punishing or rewarding the creativity on their choice.

And in different periods of the playerbase that outbreak incorporates you can temporarily add a team-specified perk system to help out the troubled team.

Right now, from what I gather, the ct team is greatly disengaged into making the atmosphere friendly with numerous complaints until a mod or admin sorts it out.

Not to mention, the maps aren't helping with gun placements that favor rebelling.

So big no from me about perks or similar gameplay mutators

I've always disagreed with these kind of perks/rpg systems.

Your ability to rebel/command should be determined by the respective skills needed to do these effectively, and your aim.

Yes, you are absolutely right.

It's a double-edged sword about perks/upgrades/items.

You either encourage donators to donate and acquire items(cosmetics or gameplay related personal gains)

You either encourage people to spend more time on the server and acquire items via activity points(cosmetics or gameplay related gains)

And lastly you encourage the server to rely on a mitigation between the ct team and t team where both parties cooperate to achieve fun. Ct's being creative, and t's punishing or rewarding the creativity on their choice.

And in different periods of the playerbase that outbreak incorporates you can temporarily add a team-specified perk system to help out the troubled team.

Right now, from what I gather, the ct team is greatly disengaged into making the atmosphere friendly with numerous complaints until a mod or admin sorts it out.

Not to mention, the maps aren't helping with gun placements that favor rebelling.

So big no from me about perks or similar gameplay mutators

I would agree, so unfortunately, the way as it is now won't work. I'll try to make up a new idea by making a new suggestion. This can be locked.

What about this one though?

Tag: (100 credits)

This perk places a bug on one T.

This means a CT can see where only one T is going at all times on the map.
Edited by Guest

So a wall hack in a game that's incredibly dependent on knowing where the T's are as a CT.

You shut down that T's ability to rebel unless they get passed a gun or a CT is heavily baiting.

What do you mean by wall hack? You are talking about the Tag right? I mean it like this:

ijopz80.png

It would not like be, that you can see through walls, lol. It is just this red dot, that would appear on the map. You can also let it blip every once a while, making it harder for CT to follow up.

So a wall hack in a game that's incredibly dependent on knowing where the T's are as a CT.

You shut down that T's ability to rebel unless they get passed a gun or a CT is heavily baiting.

What do you mean by wall hack? You are talking about the Tag right? I mean it like this:

ijopz80.png

It would not like be, that you can see through walls, lol. It is just this red dot, that would appear on the map. You can also let it blip every once a while, making it harder for CT to follow up.

Most of the maps don't have radar support, someone would have to create a radar for every map.

Blip is a better idea, but I still don't think it'd be that hard to trace them.

Couple of CT's guard the other T's while two of you go on the hunt for the marked guy, cut off his escape routes or head straight to any weapon locations.