Sign in to follow this  
Allen Snider

What games do you have a love/hate relationship with?

Personally, Arma 2. Or more specifically, the DayZ mod that was all the craze a couple of years ago.

Don't get me wrong, it was amazing playing with a group of 5 friends wrecking havoc on every server we joined. But it was damn frustrating losing everything you've been stocking up on for more than 50 hours, due a server doing a clean swipe on the entire server.

Another one is WoW. Shit is insanely fun to play, but shit's addictive yo. When you start playing for 14 hours on schooldays, you have a problem.

What's yours?

I used to get that with WoW. I was out at a point (back when I was in school) where I used to play too much after school.

Another one I have is this other MMO I play called Pirates of the Burning Sea (where you play a ship captain in the caribbean) but its really frustrating how insanely hard some of the missions can be as you're just overwhelmed and then you can't sail away because your ship is too big/the wind isn't with you.

Once your ship has been sunk enough times (durability damage and all that, you can get replacements from insurance) you lose your ship entirely and have to fork out a ton to buy a new ship. Not only that but I normally have to sail halfway across the Caribbean and back to get the new ship, along with modifications to go on it etcetc. It's basically a big time drain when its not going well!

Hearthstone because I started playing quite early but due to blizzard releasing expansions and new sets that require lot of grinding or throwing money to get all the cards I choose to not have anything to do with it.

I instantly thought WoW when I read the thread title.

I'd play it again if it weren't so expensive.

Loading Simulator 2016 -GTA5- is currently giving me the most grief.

I just want a competent crew. It's all I ask for. Just a few heists for a little cash.

I don't want millions, just enough for a nice car or two ;_;

I really really do miss DayZ mod. Even with all of its imperfections, I can forgive it.

Our clan had it all. Our COs were ex-military, our members were all military heads.

We knew how to operate, and nothing could stop us.

We'd band together when in trouble, organising casevacs, air support, supplies... It's the most fun I've ever had online since the Halo and CoD4 days.

I tried installing it again last month, but I can't get it to work.

You guys have just reminded me I should try again.

I tried installing it again last month, but I can't get it to work.

You guys have just reminded me I should try again.

I wish I could do the same, but the standalone is lackluster, and the mod has so few vanilla servers running, it's hard to find a place to be.

But if you're into some other maps than vanilla Chernarus, I'm pretty sure there's a ton of epoch servers still going strong.

But if you're into some other maps than vanilla Chernarus, I'm pretty sure there's a ton of epoch servers still going strong.

We started with Overwatch(?) mod, then moved to Epoch.

I don't think we ever played vanilla DayZ

But yeah. Standalone is a huge flop considering what the mod once was.

When I used to play Fifa a lot, I used to get so angry that I'd scream at my TV, I loved the game, but couldn't stand all the shit that came with it, you'd be doing so well and still lose a match, the community was so toxic, and . Eventually I got so angry I just stopped playing altogether and moved on to the FPS genre.

Used to love Runescape private servers and then i stopped because all the good servers went down in 1 way or another so i got myself a ps3 and started my Fifa career, i instantly fell in love with the game and became very good (played it since 2006-2015) the game started getting bored when you play too much so i stopped and eventually my ps3 got broken and my little brother was playing a lot of csgo so i played a few days on his account and i didnt really like the game BUT the skins really made me love this game just because you can trade/gamble with em so i got my own account and started playing lots of comps, one day in a normal comp i met this amazing guy and decided to add him, his name is Makeurmove you guys probably know him and he introduced me to this wonderful Jailbreak server that i just couldnt stop playing....

Games i hate: Dota 2, WoW, Minecraft/unturned etc etc :)

Runescape was great until -again- Jagex got money hungry.

I've never been too fond of football games but Rocket League has me hooked on the love/hate relationship.

It's such a fun game with simple core mechanics, but it gets you frustrated -like most online games i suppose- with the idiocy of the player base.

Also, i've been told that the ranked system is sound but i really can't see it.

At least my car is pretty :D

MHNC7W2m.jpg?1

League of Legends for sure. I used to love the game, I played it for 4, almost 5 years. I was plat 4 at my best, but I quit right before pre season 6 due to the game changing so rapidly turning league of legends into.. this. The community is so fucking toxic making me want to go skinny dipping in my bathtub with a plugged in toaster.