Sign in to follow this  
Allen Snider

Being creative

As some know, I'm currently writing a novel and I guess it's kind of my dream to be able to make a living out of just writing. I also think up short stories or events at times, but often I put more thought into them and end up developing a world in my mind which would require more than a couple of pages to do it justice.

I go to the gym several times a week, usually earlier on if I can so it's fairly quiet and chill - I wouldn't exactly call it being creative as such but it resonates with what others have put in the sense that it does give you time to separate yourself from other things.

I tried learning instruments, I strongly believe music was meant to be listened rather than played by me.

I also think up short stories or events at times,

What is your thought process when you write? For some time I've been trying to write longer stories, but I can never seem to keep a good consistency if the story is longer than 2-3 pages (in my opinion, i always keep my stories to myself)

What is your thought process when you write? For some time I've been trying to write longer stories, but I can never seem to keep a good consistency if the story is longer than 2-3 pages (in my opinion, i always keep my stories to myself)

I'm often similar when I first develop an idea and I jump into it, the beginning is often your best piece and then as you drone on you are losing quality as to be honest you kinda just want to get past the background and get to the concept you first thought up. However by spending a longer amount of time on the novel I'm writing (the idea/core plot was first thought up at the end of the summer) you can develop the other scenes with new ideas and strings that you think up to attach to your main body.

I've wrote and re-wrote several chapters and finally have a decent layout in mind for my main character's journey, though I am sure more ideas will be added in over time. One of the ways I countered the lack of consistency in quality is by taking each chapter as its own short story and writing it as a shorter piece, then later on I will go through and edit it so that it flows with the rest of what I've done.

Everyone writes in their own way, truth is I can't really describe my exact thought process each time as I approach each idea differently and I'm weird lel.

When are you expecting to be done with the novel?

Hopefully by summer as I want to look around publishers, more to get advice and critique on what I can do to improve more than anything else though. Usually I'd probably take even longer on this novel I'm working on at the moment, but I kinda want to know if realistically there is a chance of me making it this early on or whether I need to seriously consider other routes as backup careers (something that up until this point I haven't done due to lack of interest in much else).

Not a lot anymore. I used to write a lot but I've found that I enjoy trolling more, so I guess you could call that my creative outlet. I create flawed, believable characters who then go out and interact with fellow CSGO players - the results are pretty interesting.

Also Unseen, what's the rough subject matter of the novel?

Unseen is loving the chance to talk about his novel.

I do Theatre which is pretty much singing, dancing and acting. On top of that I'm learning the Cello. I also write some times if I can find the motivation.

prob gayest thing ive read on forums