Sign in to follow this  
Skillershark

Trading Card Games

So recently I've started playing Magic: The Gathering, and I've realized how different TCG's can be, especially when comparing ones from the internet and ones in real life. Playing Magic, I've realized that there is almost no RNG, aside from what you draw and what your opponent draws, which is going to be an aspect in almost every card game. So what do you prefer in a card game? A lot of RNG or mostly skill(baring in mind that with little RNG, games can be won just on what you draw, considering there is nothing like hero powers or extra mana every turn to pull you out of deep ditches)? What's your favourite card game? Try to explain it a little, rather than just "hearthstone". Do you like it because of the randomness, or are there some really fun interactions? I'll start it off.

Personally, I prefer less RNG because my RNG always seems to be shit(never lucky). I played Hearthstone for ages, but now that I'm playing Magic I feel like it can be a lot more fun and so I'll have to prefer Magic over Hearthstone simply because of all the cool mechanics and whatnot. There are a lot of random specific things in Magic, like a minion that can't be blocked by a specific token, but most of the time they're explained so it's not hard to understand.

EDIT: Not sure if this should be in the games section or this section, if someone could move it appropriately I'd be grateful :)

I played Hearthstone because I found it casual when it was released and was expecting a pretty laidback scene. But then sc2 pros went to hearthstone and made everything competitive and clenching, so now i just see common decks which are boring and only win because of RNG as RNG is something competitive in video games. So after Naxaramus and the Gnomes content releases I haven't open hearthstone in like forever. Mainly because casual players cannot survive in hearthstone due to requirements for having all cards (legendary are a must). Nor I'm interested to waste 2 years so I can get most of the content for "free" as 2 years is something easily invested.

I didn't mind Magic: The Gathering but got bored quick. Tried Hearthstone and i just didn't really like the playstyle and as blyss said A LOT of cards. Some CAH will do me fine or CSGO Card Games lmao.

Only trading card game I ever played was Yu-Gi-Oh! before it went to shit with all the syncro monsters and all the other types we didn't need. :cry1:

Only trading card game was Yu-Gi-Oh too for me. syncro monsters just confused me but that came after i stopped with the whole Yu-Gi-Oh stuff.

Yet i never traded anything, was the only thing I was into lmao.

MATCH ATTAX <3

I remember scamming some people with match attax in primary school, best shit ever.

I also get 101 Stevie G back in the day i think i almost cried when i got it

Literally no better feeling than being an 8 year old getting your idol and he's the best freaking card. :yay::yay::yay:

I'm honestly not trying to be rude but if you wanted to increase your post count its easier to spam the music thread than make a new thread about something every 2 days.

Frankly, I don't care about post count. I enjoy making these posts. Yes I may post them a little too much, and I understand that now, but rather than implying that I'm trying to spam my post count you could just put "Hey, try not to post too many threads" or something of the sort.

I really love Magic as well. Daretti is my personal favorite commander, the emblem's op af and so are the artifacts! We should play sometime :D