Sign in to follow this  
Samantha

Outbreak Sexism

Hey,

Something that's become a lot more prevalent in recent weeks is sexism, and quite frankly it is disgusting.

'Because women aren't real people, kill Samantha'

'Get back to the kitchen'.

'Women don't have rights'

'The only person who believed in women's rights was Hitler'

Now for the most part, the age range is from around 13-17, and the sexism coming from the boys is absolutely outrageous. There's no need for it and you'll learn quite quickly that there is no place for it in the real world. So either get your act together and grow the fuck up, or I start voicing complaints. Don't claim that it is 'banter', because that would mean it is an inside joke that both parties find entertaining. It is not entertaining, and I know that I'm not the only girl who has experienced this.

Think about what you say before you actually say it, because you just make yourself look dumb and uneducated.

Sexism is the same as racism. Anyone who is racist receives a mute/gag/ban, it should be the same with sexism.

I know that some of you may be unfamiliar with the opposite sex, possibly never even spoken to a girl before, so maybe that's why you're a bit socially inept. I'm giving you the chance to learn here.

Pathetic. Please stop.

Thanks.

I agree that it is not right Samantha as any discrimination of any kind does not sit well with me tbh. However I have been witness to this stuff you are talking about and it is mainly younger people saying it but the majority of it is done by randoms and people who are not officially a part of this community. So I really do not understand what the point of this post is as there is really no way to police it. However I am sure if it does get bad a mod+ will do something about it as behaviour like that is not tolerated in this community.

The internet and especially online games are very toxic and sometimes you just have to take things with a pinch of salt. The best thing you could do IMO is not rise to it when it happens and try to ignore it and I am sure they will get bored and stop doing it. :mrgreen:

One was a regular on his alt, and his main is a member.

One was lgkkdr

One was Rich Homie Sniffles - see him quite often on the server.

But yeah, a few of them are children, but it's not like they come and go, they play regularly. I didn't even speak on microphone (plus I can sound like a little boy sometimes) and yet they call me out for it.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt if it wasn't 24/7 and it didn't affect the game. I get picked literally for being a girl. It's gross and it just needs to stop. Punishments actually given for this so they learn a lesson, not just in Outbreak but in life too.

Mods do the best they can to police it and as Major pointed out (which I agree with) it's usually kids/random one off visitors to the server.

As with any other kind of harassment, if you would like action against a particular person then please do contact a moderator or admin with chat logs/screenshots and they can deal with it where necessary.

I cannot stand it myself and I stamp it out where I can, but as mintlou said - it's the internet. We can only do our best to keep the unwanted individuals out of our server(s)

To be honest,

I get no comments towards me being sexist, only "gurll" "guurll" but to be honest that's obviously only banter, seems as it stops after 1 minute, if you just simply ignore it. Being the better and older person just ignore the 'kitchen' jokes is the best way forward, because it gives them no fire to feed off.

Edited by Guest

i guess i am the "regular on alt and member on main" still nice to see you mentioning this when we all try to let things go -.-

What? Unless that was you today, then I didn't mean you. I just didn't know who it was but Major was saying something like you can lose your member even if you're on an alt account.

It was me on my smurf account today yes and i don't remember talking to you on it, anyways Major told me "just because ur on your smurf account doesnt mean you can disrespect mods and he said that as a joke cuz i called Substick a noob when he died on LR :)

I hope you know most people who go on the server and do those sort of things are not even on the forums.

But I do still agree with you and how there is a fine line between 'banter' and offense.

Yeah I'm gonna have to say here it is not Outbreaks job to deal with whatever perceived abuse you get on our server. The mod team do all the can to regulate and maintain a stasis quo of nice and polite people, there's not much that can be done against ransoms and children that insult you, that is unproventable.

I'm also Aware this post is 90% troll like everything you do :glad2:

I think racial, homophobic and sexist slurs should be banned from the server. Comm bans should do the trick.

Also I feel like when someone gets assaulted personally and it goes too far people should get warnings. Sometimes there is people that don't like someone else and they seem to want to let everyone know that they don't like him/her, I think that isn't right. If you don't like someone, so be it.

your opinion is like a penis, don't wave it around in public and don't shove it down people's throats.

Of course I call Gibby and Blyss nobheads (two random examples) all the time, but they are both incredible people. It is just some banter, but when someone crosses a line, it should be (and can easily be) noticed.

:)