Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

Outbreak Parliment

Just had a thought that would spice things up a bit and let people have their say on community decisions. This would make Outbreak far more democratic and less susceptible to decisions made by favouritism etc. It would also be a good chance from some Community Integration between admin and members.

The way this could work:

Ranks would now have other titles:

Owner = Prime-Minister

Admins = Deputy PMs

All groups require a head member or, "Leader of party"

So perhaps the whole mod team has one senior leader and the rest follow that person.

Head member needed

Head Veteran needed

Impartial 'Speaker' needed to decide who speaks when (For TS issues)

We can do Prime-minister's Questions in a big TS channel. Head of each 'party' takes it in turn to ask Conor (PM) questions and if an issue is being raised such as an unban request, then the final vote includes All mods and All Vets present.

I think it would be fun.

I don't understand these recent posts, you can't even have an opinion on 90% of the ban requests because you don't play the server. Why do you even care so much, the admin meetings are mainly made up of jailbreak decisions which I'll say again you, me and a lot of others don't play, what other decisions do you think we are actually needed in? Because it's a jailbreak community, we just use the team speak.

I don't understand these recent posts, you can't even have an opinion on 90% of the ban requests because you don't play the server. Why do you even care so much, the admin meetings are mainly made up of jailbreak decisions which I'll say again you, me and a lot of others don't play, what other decisions do you think we are actually needed in? Because it's a jailbreak community, we just use the team speak.

You, and everyone else, seems to just be isolating this to the veterans. I see nothing wrong with this for the members, if not the vets.

I also saw absolutely nothing wrong with a simple poll such as "should we have X map on the server" for the 25 members to just click "yes" or "no" in the space of 2 seconds.

Mintlou, there is already community integration between admins and the members. You spend your time on the other teamspeak and don't spend any time on the server so you simply don't see it. What you are suggesting ins't needed and tbh i don't see why you keep bringing it up as it will most likely not be implemented which you have already been told by connor (as mentioned in a response to your last post).

If you want a say, play on the server and apply for mod again.

Outbreak Teamspeak

ahWglJy.jpg

My Teamspeak

dV4Ih0E.jpg

Outbreak member is integration on two servers. I have 1.4k posts on the forums and 31 days on the Teamspeak, and that's just the most recent one.

By that logic I am more integrated than you.

What kind of attitude is "Apply for mod if you want to participate in conversation"?

You have separated yourself from us Cheesepuff.

I appreciate your ideas Mintlou, but honestly I feel something official like this with head vets/members and all this, that and the other would be far more of a hassle than a help. As cheesepuff mentioned, there is actually a fair amount of integration and we do ask people's opinions when it's relevant but we don't make it official as it is just easier for us to make the decisions based upon the feedback we receive from others.

In reference to Lewis' points, I agree entirely Lewis - there is absolutely nothing wrong with a poll/people saying what they think to a map, the thing is this is pretty much already done. As some/most people know I am the current JB map man, now due to the pre-cache errors there are few maps that actually work but when I do get a set of maps that work - I do a testing session and get everyone involved. I ask everyone on the server to search for bugs and generally give feedback, and everyone takes part. I admit I pay more attention to say the detailed opinion of a mod than the 'this map sucks' of a regular or member, but I do take a look at all things that are commented on and generally those type of decisions are already made by the community.

I do feel as if the sort of decisions that you seek integration for, are already integrated fairly well and I know many members happily give me feedback on any server or community issues. I feel the reason you may not notice it so much is because the opinions and decisions aren't made official (because quite frankly that would be more of a pain) and because you don't play as much/any JB (varying individual to individual), once we open up more servers you might see more of this integration you seek if those servers are more to your liking than say JB.

tl;dr - I agree with your points on the integration aspect, I disagree with it being official and the idea that there isn't already integration.

Outbreak Teamspeak

ahWglJy.jpg

My Teamspeak

dV4Ih0E.jpg

Outbreak member is integration on two servers. I have 1.4k posts on the forums and 31 days on the Teamspeak, and that's just the most recent one.

What kind of attitude is "Apply for mod if you want to participate in conversation"?

Mintlou, Apply for mod to participate in conversation is not what i was suggesting and you know that. Also, I have not seperated myself from you, it is you that has seperated yourself from the community as you have chosen to speak in a different teamspeak to other members and admins and yes you have started to join the community ts more recently but that is generally because you want to argue with a decision that has been made that you dislike or because your teamspeak has been down.

Outbreak Teamspeak

ahWglJy.jpg

My Teamspeak

dV4Ih0E.jpg

Mintlou, Apply for mod to participate in conversation is not what i was suggesting and you know that. Also, I have not seperated myself from you, it is you that has seperated yourself from the community as you have chosen to speak in a different teamspeak to other members and admins and yes you have started to join the community ts more recently but that is generally because you want to argue with a decision that has been made that you dislike or because your teamspeak has been down.

community

/kəˈmjuːnɪti/

'the condition of sharing or having certain attitudes and interests in common.'

In the beginning this interest was Jailbreak, a culmination of people brought together to play and maintain a Jailbreak server. We've evolved past that, through DDOSings and the GMod days, we really have became a tight group. Some of the newer members haven't had this time and experience with all of us, and that's fine; newer members should be welcomed with open arms. In fact, indisputably newer members have become the core of Outbreak, I have no quarrels with this, nor does Mintlou.

With regards to your comment on separation, I still regard you as a pleasurable acquaintance if not a friend, but it is clear that you're interaction with the so called "OG" group has dwindled, when Mintlou says you have separated yourself from "us" he does not mean Outbreak. Mintlou's integration with the community is another issue entirely, one that I will not comment on as it is completely irrelevant, his activity does not represent the validity and viability of his suggestions or ideas.

To sum up your attitude towards Mintlou's expression of ideas is appalling. "If you want a say, play on the server and apply for mod again" is exactly the same as saying "Apply for mod to participate in conversation". if you think these two statements are non-equivalent then you need to go back to school and study English again.