Sign in to follow this  
Kartoffel

Donator purge

The following people have been purged from the donator group due to inactivity of 3 months or more. If any of you feel like you've been wrongly purged please do message me on steam.

-HairyCanary

-DylanThomas

-Ice

-Bloodliker

-Instinctz

-Botzamza

-HoneyMuffin

-Mr.Nyancat

-WayneDwake

-Professor

-PussInBoots

-Polymorphic

-ThomasR

There was a new thread yesterday here where it explains how we've changed how the donator group works.

Group definition: "Donators are those who have contributed their money to keep Outbreak's servers running. Donators have access to the "Outbreak Club" section of the forum, and have priority during events alongside members. The donator rank will be purged three months or so of inactive players. It has the least precedence in the community - if a donator becomes a member, they will be listed as the latter.

In real terms: No real change here. Donators will be purged every three months, mostly as the group is chock full of people who donated two years ago and then aren't around anymore. If you are active, you will not lose your donator.

I don't mean to make a mess of this thread but it really isn't entirely clear to me, if a donator is purged and comes back from inactivity does that mean he has to donate another time to get his donator status back?

I feel like this might cause trouble/confusion if it's not explained anywhere.

This would depend on the circumstances, hence why I asked the people to message me about it on steam if they feel it was unfair. For example if someone donated £1 and has been inactive for two years, they would most likely not get it back by just coming back on. But as said, it all depends on the circumstances.

How can you possibly purge people who have paid to keep this community alive? That is not good.

Yeah but if someone donated like £10 in 2012 (like me for example) and have not been on the server since, how are they continuing to help the server at all?

But I agree with Venga's point too, if someone has donated a ridiculous amount of money, I reckon they should be given donator for life.

This would depend on the circumstances, hence why I asked the people to message me about it on steam if they feel it was unfair.

At the end of the day this pretty much covers it. The situation varies from individual to individual depending on how long ago it was and how much they donated. I agree Riley did donate so much and so I would see no issue with him having the tag - though I think that it is probable he'll be put under the veteran tag anyway so he won't show up under the light blue.

At the end of the day it's not like we are strictly enforcing who gets taken off the list or making a big deal out of it, but if an individual isn't even around anymore then it just helps to clean up the groups - especially if, as Dave gave an example, someone made a minimal donation a very long time ago. Within reason there would be donator resets over time anyway, this just makes it easier to keep it in order tbh.

How can you possibly purge people who have paid to keep this community alive? That is not good.

Because there are people in that group who donated like £2 like a year ago. As this group is an indication of active community supporters, the group will be kept clean every once in a while.

Having said that, I do agree that people such as Professor or Riley who have donated massive amounts (£50) should have lifetime donator status. Im sure this will be looked into.

Some clear rules about this would be nice, I started a job last monday so I'm way more inactive. But this would however be a moment for me to donate, also to take in consideration I donated 50 euro's like 2 years ago but I never received the donator tag. This because of "the new server" I was told, a bit strange to hear that others who donated then 2 euro's apparently kept their donator status...

I trust OB and know fair decisions will be made, though when it comes to money the worst can come up in people. Especially if you are looking to expend the server, you need to have clear set rules for this. Otherwise you'll in a year or even two run into trouble with people because only "vague" descriptions were made and no clear rules and you'll just get shit drama and when money is involved it'll just become more shitty drama than usual I imagine.

Edit: just read what twist said about "I'm sure this will be looked into." so my message is like w/e now

I have re-added Professor and Riley to the donator group. From now on whoever has donated for VIP will keep their donator tag for life. Other than that, if you've been inactive for more than 3 months and made a smaller donation you will be removed, however people are always welcome to have a chat about it and it will be looked into individually.

InMyLife, please contact one of the admin+ in regards to your donation from 2 years ago and we'll look into it.

If anyone actually reads the 2016 thread, you'll only be purged if you're not around any more. Donated £3 and still play? Great, you'll never be purged. Donated ages ago and don't play? Then we'll purge you, and if you resurface soon after and request donator then you can have it back. It's ONLY because we're cluttered with ancient donators that this is happening, and I thought I'd made it clear enough it was inactive people who were being purged (as shown by Kartoffel's purge list)