Sign in to follow this  
inmylife

Statement vs. Command Pepe The Frog (RESOLVED)

Alright some the following thing happened:

Player Name: Pepe The Frog

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:62795826

Why should he be banned: Not sure if he should be banned for this, since I'm going on an assumption here he's just a bit retarded and doesn't really "mean" to freekill.

Evidence:

Date of incident (to the best of your knowledge): 05/09/2015

Apparently he's "had this argument before" and doesn't listen to anyone saying he's wrong, in the rounds after someone else did this also so the bad example is at least spreading. He's a fine player normally so I'm not sure what's up with this. Does need to stop though before everyone starts freekilling like this.

Is it bad that what I take from this is that Keiji's kebab hating music is accepted server wide?

I don't think it's ban worthy...I think Pepe was just having a moment...a very special moment.

The music made it for me.

Though 'NEW COMMANDS OVERRIDE OLD ONES' springs to mind. If that rule is ignored, then it's STILL wrong as it's an invalid command which will result in the T's death i.e the floor remains lava but they've been told to go onto it

Essentially this is just awful commanding.

Is it bad that what I take from this is that Keiji's kebab hating music is accepted server wide?

I don't think it's ban worthy...I think Pepe was just having a moment...a very special moment.

Agreed, but someone mod+ needs to tell him because he doesn't listen to anyone else. I showed a 2 minute clip but the whole round (which went on for much longer) people tried to explain to him it didn't work that way. Could've been just stubbornness but yeah.

About Keiji, didn't see anyone complain about it and he wasn't annoying (not interrupting commands and such) so I guess it is.

Games like this need to be set up and declared before they are put into action. The premise is fine, many games on Jailbreak involve "tricking" the Ts into disobeying the commands, (Simon Says, Last Reaction First Reaction) but as it stands Pepe's commanding was confusing. In my opinion this would have been fine if "The Floor Is Lava" was declared as a game with a toggle word and such instead of being confusingly deployed.

I have taken everyone's comments into consideration and yes i agree my actions were wrong, but at the time i didn't see a problem with it as how can "the floor is now lava be a command"? but I see now were i went wrong. I am sorry for what I did and I do regret it.

I would just like to raise a point though, inmylife there was no need to call me "a bit retarded" especially on a ban request and everyone makes mistakes, nobody is perfect also I am still a fairly new player to the community.

I have taken everyone's comments into consideration and yes i agree my actions were wrong, but at the time i didn't see a problem with it as how can "the floor is now lava be a command"? but I see now were i went wrong. I am sorry for what I did and I do regret it.

I would just like to raise a point though, inmylife there was no need to call me "a bit retarded" especially on a ban request and everyone makes mistakes, nobody is perfect also I am still a fairly new player to the community.

You shouldn't take my insults that literal or personal, I was actually trying to say that you didn't break the rules on purpose and just didn't know any better. Anyways that's what I was trying to convey with those words but I understand how you might misunderstand me.

In no way I actually feel like you are "a bit retarded".

Edit: See "retarded" as a shorter and lazier version of "everyone makes mistakes, nobody is perfect also I am still a fairly new player to the community."

I'd respawn for this, only because I would judge that the game was insufficiently explained and therefore entrapment to get Ts killed. But it wasn't done maliciously, so no ban by any means.