Sign in to follow this  
Paradoxxx

Personal information

Because I am very much intrigued about this topic I Wanna start a civil discussion about it.

So some are allowed to use racial slurs and others arent'? Is that what you're suggesting? Please don't use false equivalences.

I was merely stating that a minority takes offence thus everyone cant use it because some people may potentially get offended.-> Take away the risk in general

Personal information posting should be made into a rule too because again some people could take offence -> lets take away the risk here too and just forbid it.

What are everyones thoughts about this?

Freedom can involve disrespect. You earn respect - it's not unconditional.

That is indeed true.

But should we as a community, where I hope everyone is kinda friendly towards each other, prioritize freedom over the fact that mclovin was disrespected by the usage of that freedom or anyone else in future occasions?

That is indeed true.

But should we as a community, where I hope everyone is kinda friendly towards each other, prioritize freedom over the fact that mclovin was disrespected by the usage of that freedom or anyone else in future occasions?

Well, as someone who has been in OB since it started, and around with others for about 2 years prior that, I can vouch for the fact that hundreds of pics have been edited, all in "banter". No one really saw a week ban coming.

It's just like the fact our server prides itself so heavily in not having AFK freeze. If a new admin shot up the ranks and changed this rule - everyone would be like wadda fuck

That is indeed true.

Mclovin isn't the first person to be done by photoedits lol, twist had many sprays in css by biggles and mintlou, venga, gaffer and many other people have had other (hate to use this word) Banterous photoedits which are only meant as a joke and in no harmful/disrespectful way.

That is indeed true.

Actually look in the thread, does the number of posted pictures equal the number of 7 day bans?

I'm not even going to try to address what is wrong with that sentence, did you actually read that before posting?

put it on the internet and it's mine and anyone elses, simple as.

Yes but again, its yours, doesn't mean you should post it?

You can say the n word, but doesnt mean you should?

You can freekill, doesnt mean you should?

try and stop me posting it, is my point. Don't like it? Ask me to not do it politely and I might. Get pissy and I will do it more and more.

@ stiqqy I understand that, but if they dont mind you doing it its fine, but lets say Mintlou really didnt like his personal pictures getting photoshopped. Mintlou tells the person that posted it. The person that posted it tells Mintlou hes exercising his freedom to post what ever he wants. Does in this situation an admin step in and say, brah fuck off stop posting it if Mintlou dun like it.

@chris I did read my post before I posted it I dont really see anything wrong with it. I'm not trying to debate mclovin his choice of punishment or judgement here.

@jak Well the might part doesnt sound very good. If you find my facebook and start posting pictures and I ask you to stop but you continue. Thats pretty disrespectful and In my oppinion an admin should intervene at that point.

@ stiqqy I understand that, but if they dont mind you doing it its fine, but lets say Mintlou really didnt like his personal pictures getting photoshopped. Mintlou tells the person that posted it. The person that posted it tells Mintlou hes exercising his freedom to post what ever he wants. Does in this situation an admin step in and say, brah fuck off stop posting it if Mintlou dun like it.

Yes well surely instead of banning chris for 7 days without warning mclovin could of msg'd chris saying remove it as he doesn't like it and maybe that would've solved the situation?