Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

World of Warcraft Legion

Hey guys

I don't know how many people from OB play/played World of Warcraft but yesterday at gamescom they announced the next new expansion called Legion. I watched the whole unveiling event and personally i think it looked amazing.

With them adding this whole new world to explore and conquer and the arrival of demon hunters which is the next new class into the game i think this may be the second best expansion coming after wraith of the lich king. What do you guys think about the trailer's and the game overall?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/legion/

These are just links to the trailers, offical website and the unveiling event at gamescom if you want to find out about this expansion

I'm dabbling in this as something to do over the summer so I will unsub when I return to uni. My account is WoD level but I haven't tried any of the content as I've picked up on a priest I started last year.

But yeah, I never really liked it so much since Cataclysm. Also, I read yesterday the WoW population has gone down to 5.6million (a loss of 44%) in the last 6 months alone.

Its shit, people have grinded to get where they are then boom expansion, you are back to being a scrub especially now because they are bringing them out so often.

Then you get new players, "If you buy this for this for £50 before its out you get instant level 90" thats bull shit. so then you go into pug groups and have the group has no clue what they are doing.

levelling is also about 5x faster, so thew new kids dont have time to learn how to actually play there characters.

Yeah exactly, they only announced WoD a year ago or so and now here we have Legion only 8 months after. Like I said, I haven't even tried any of the Draenor content (ok, slowness on my part but still)

Now it's slowly becoming one of those franchises where they try to push a new release every year.

Unless it's a sports game It just do not work.

I'm not very up to date with WoW things but didn't Blizzard say Warlords of Draenors was going to be the last expansion for WoW? Or am I confused with another game?

WoW is struggling and they're just starting to release more and more expansions as a cash grab because whenever an expansion comes out older players hope it'll be as good as Wrath (which I hear was quite good) but they eventually quit very quickly because it's just not as good.

As for my opinion of WoW. It's a terrible game that is constantly boring, people say "it starts when you max out" but that doesn't give me motivation to max, it just makes me go and play a game that starts at the start and every second of said game is fun.

At least you're not bombarded with micro-transactions, shitty endgame PvE ignored since release and general false promises.

Im referring to GW2 here. Source: someone with over 2k hours ingame.

WoW doesn't have dye gambling. PvP in GW2 was handled really well, in general the combat felt clunky and unresponsive. Spent a few hours with friends getting 100% map completion in a few zones while chatting, was good fun, loved the environment design. The problem was that dungeons were shit and guilds didn't have any functionality, complete lack of an endgame with the excuse that there actually wasn't supposed to be one and "you can do everything from Level 1".