Sign in to follow this  
VENGA BUS

VENGA WAS BANNED [MINTLOUISSAD]

Player Name (at time of banning): venga

SteamID: N/A

Ban/Mute/CT-Ban Reason Given: 'racism and windtunneling'

Server Banned From: Teamspeak

Why you believe your ban was unfair/disproportionate: Inconsistency

Do you have any evidence to support your claim?: Given that the onus of evidence is on you, as logic is positivist, I dunno' what to say here

Date of incident: 01/08/2015

Really, I'd just like to be told what's happening. Not too fussed about the ban, as if you decide to enforce rules which have been ignored since day-dot, then that is the admin team's arbitrary prerogative. But I'd like it if you could at least forewarn me rather than just ban. If your admins can't communicate this, I'd suggest you pack them off on a course where they can improve their communication and mediation skills. You can find plenty of these for free on the internet, self-help style.

Many thanks,

some guy

Absolute trash from the admin team. I am in complete shock as to how that was dealt with. First of all we are in a channel filled with people we've known for years, you know, you might call them friends. Then all of a sudden we are just banned. I cannot even put into words how stupid that decision is. How spineless it is to not even consult someone before a ban. I thought Outbreak was better than that, the admins need to communicate in a proper way before a ban, there were like 6 mod+ on the TS server including Jamie and Conor, these are long time serving mods with experience, perhaps you should have consulted them before the ban. And if you two even gave this the go ahead, then shame on you... Appalling work.

We are not random skids, so don't treat us like them.

The easiest way for you to resolve this is to delete that ban entry and pretend it didn't happen.

btw we know you've all read this

@Gaffer: we were shit talking and memeing in the OG channel, like normal. Some cheeky windtunnelling and some definite UKIP-esque chat was had. It was the old crew. We didn't impose it on the new guys. Then we got banned.

"racism"

yep, i'm a hard racist, after 3 years experience admining jailbreak communities and over 6 years apart of communities which are extremely against racism i suddenly hate black people

Edited by Guest

So do the mods want to explain the ban further? After all, you are obliged to respond to unban request as your duty as a moderator.

Sorry man. I can't give you any information as I was not there when the incident happened.

I wish I could help you out in some way but I'm afraid I can't, unless you have any ideas...

So do the mods want to explain the ban further? After all, you are obliged to respond to unban request as your duty as a moderator.

Sorry man. I can't give you any information as I was not there when the incident happened.

I wish I could help you out in some way but I'm afraid I can't, unless you have any ideas...

At least you replied, same can't be said for the admin who banned us who's been browsing the forums all day.

I will take a ban for the one windtunnel I did in a fun sense while people were on tinychat for reactions

There's no way I'm letting you ban me for racism

As someone who was present during the situation I feel I should make an official post where I stand on this situation.

In reply to the 'racism' - I disagree that the comments made or the conversation was racist or offensive in any way whatsoever. The conversation at hand was mostly ironic and mocking other people for the way that they felt the need to show that they weren't racist, essentially the conversation was somewhat anti - racist. I can easily see how the conversation could be misinterpreted but as it was late night among a tight knit group where you wouldn't think any one would misinterpret it, I felt there was nothing wrong with the conversation.

The windtunnelling was minor and the only culprit who did it again after being told to stop was Lewis, but I still feel as if this was not worthy of a day+ ban - more of a repeated warning or at the most a short ban of max 1 hour.

As someone who was part of the conversation and when people went on a bit - for instance Mintlou using a sound board and then stopped when I asked him to so it was fine - there was nothing that required such a level of enforcement. I also feel that there was an extreme lack of assertiveness and communication from those that truly felt what was being said/done was massively in the wrong.

At the same time some of the reactions to the bans and the way certain people have been spoken to (which haven't been unreasonable but still pathetic) has been unruly. I would not say this is worthy of any ban or anything and I have spoken to the people who I feel were reacting inappropriately already. Furthermore I believe the way some people have spoken about different groups in a selective manner are stupid and petty - people hang out with who they want to, but that is another matter which has to be addressed.

tl;dr - I disagree with the bans and, as someone who was present, I would have enforced the rules myself if I felt they were out of hand. However some of the reactions since the bans have been inappropriate though not necessarily unreasonable considering they are banned without proper communication.

If you're not mod+ or involved in the incident don't post pls ty =)

My opinion on this situation is that the bans should NOT have been given without a firm warning and from what I understand, they were not. It was actually quite a shame to check TS last night and see them both banned, expected to find out they both went completely rogue and ignored all warning and went off on a racist spam spree, only to find out that they had no warnings kinda left me quite disappointed. I would completely understand and support this ban if either 1) they were given a firm warning or 2) they were doing it with others who would take offence or who are not familiarized with some of the talk. From what I understand this was a channel with old friends joking and mocking without any degree of seriousness with 2 others listening in and slamming them with a ban which was taken completely out of proportion. Not only this but if a member was to be banned they should be informed beforehand and offered a chance to explain themselves - this is something that should change as it's something that has been lacking recently. I'd understand if it was a random skid, but not to members of the community and especially not to people who have been the backbone of this community for a long while, no matter if they are cheeky trolls or not.

My thoughts at least. It would be great if either of the two staff members involved could post and clear up some of the hazy areas indicated by the others involved =) - Lewis' ban especially as I am quite confused as to what happened there.

It would be great if either of the two staff members involved could post and clear up some of the hazy areas indicated by the others involved =) - Lewis' ban especially as I am quite confused as to what happened there.

I went to bed early for work the next morning without the slightest hint i'd done anything wrong at all. No warning, no kick, no poke, nothing.