Sign in to follow this  
Lewis

what to do

He is too poor.... JK thats a good idea, watch Ant-Man. Fantastic movie.

Tbh I should really see tht movie but cba

It had one of the best teaser trailers I've seen.

Yh the music is very good. I think i might go see it today.

You can get power supplies for about £15. You can get reliable ones for about £45 - £60

I guess I should get a decent one, as it's happened about 3 times in the past year and a half. I really don't care about equipment though.

Seen as I have a lot of spare cash from working - please recommend me one off of amazon for around 50 pounds?

Are they all universally made to fit motherboards? Or do I have to research if it'll fit? (NO CLUE ABOUT COMPUTERS AT ALL)

Quoted mintlou here - don't want ppl like twist coming in linking stuff worth over 200 quid

You can get power supplies for about £15. You can get reliable ones for about £45 - £60

I guess I should get a decent one, as it's happened about 3 times in the past year and a half. I really don't care about equipment though.

Seen as I have a lot of spare cash from working - please recommend me one off of amazon for around 50 pounds?

Are they all universally made to fit motherboards? Or do I have to research if it'll fit? (NO CLUE ABOUT COMPUTERS AT ALL)

Quoted mintlou here - don't want ppl like twist coming in linking stuff worth over 200 quid

All psu's fit every normal pc (as long as you dont buy some science lab psu or some other retarded shit), go have a look at corsairs psus, maybe look for something of 600-750w depening on your pc build itself.

But I would recommend corsairs psus, they are really reliable!

if you order today you will have it by Wednesday probs

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Builder-Modular-Bronze-Certified/dp/B00ALK3QRS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1438007964&sr=8-6&keywords=power+supply

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Builder-Modular-Bronze-Certified/dp/B00ALK3QRS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1438007964&sr=8-6&keywords=power+supply

since you have a lot of spare cash may aswell go with the 750W, also power supplies are generic so you wont have any problem fitting it unless ur retarded

edit: basically what evan said

Find out what Wattage your old one was, then get another one. Power supplies are all the same on modern computers, older machines will have molex only, but newer ones have SATA power. By modern I mean post ~2002

Don't go to 750w for no reason because that's a waste of money.

I have a 650w I think.

This one Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt

£53

That is similar to what is in your system, so stay simple and replace what you had with a better version of it. The difference between this and the one Lorcan linked is about ~£25. The one he linked has modular cables, meaning that you only plug the connections needed. It is neat but do you need it?

Find out what Wattage your old one was, then get another one. Power supplies are all the same on modern computers, older machines will have molex only, but newer ones have SATA power. By modern I mean post ~2002

Don't go to 750w for no reason because that's a waste of money.

I have a 650w I think.

This one Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt

£53

That is similar to what is in your system, so stay simple and replace what you had with a better version of it. The difference between this and the one Lorcan linked is about ~£25. The one he linked has modular cables, meaning that you only plug the connections needed. It is neat but do you need it?

winner winner chicken dinner!

+1 for the post.

so basically

yours is cheaper, but his is easier to set up? or?

It's not easier, its not harder, its just personal preference, modular psus are ones where you plug in the cable into both your psu and your parts/mobo, and are usually more expensive.

You can also get semi modular - self explanatory.

And non modular psus, where all of the cables come out of the psu.

Day 3: Part ordered on amazon prime last night, every bark the dog gives, every whistle up the drive, every noise that replaces the deep humming of a running power supply; i hope.

Supplies have completely gone. My girlfriend arrived to comfort me.

I staked away 8 million GP on rs and lost it all - half of my bank.

My mum left to work without logging onto her PC, the hint is "face routine 3" how the fuck am I meant to guess that even with two A*'s?

I've been forced onto a laptop, i'm nearly crying. I keep mistyping. I'll see you guys soon.

I hope.