Sign in to follow this  
Lewis

Outbreak time travel machine

Look at your post count.

Imagine our community is transported to the year of which your post count is, what would we be doing?

For those of you who have a post count above 2015 (only like 5 i think) time to be imaginative!

For those of you who have a post count below 2015 do a bit of a google and make us laugh for the year/era we'd be in.

Me: Late 1800's

-Probably getting close to signing up to the Boer War, Conor would be our leader in the trenches and the high end OB mods would be sending us to death

-Chris and I would probably be locked up in an aslyum

-Rather than a cheeky game of PB in the evening we'd be having a nice game of cricket while we admire aidy's long dress

-World war 1 would be approaching and the troll mixers would be sent into some real action

-Queen Victoria will be coming to the end of her reign, probably due to all the weed from weez

-Would OB struggle at this point? Probably.

Late 2900s...

World is probably over by now, so let's assume we're in an apocalyptic wasteland:

-Mintlou has established a 'no-freaks' camp, where he shoots mutants on sight. Whilst his people are free of any significant mutation, they all have curly hair. Also, only focuses on engineering.

-The standard lefty lot of OB have created their own utopia-amidst-dystopia, and let all of the freaks in. The downside to this is rampant disease and occasional cannibalism. Upside is no one goes hungry.

-Gaffer lives in the middle of what was once Oldham, but is now barren deadland. His baby Harrison has grown up, and now leads a pack of bandits about the wastes, hunting for loners, looting and stealing.

-People hear garbled chat on the radio from someone based near Liverpool called 'Conor', but to this day, no one has seen him or knows what he looks like

-Biggles hoards food in a safehouse, and only eats when he's broadcasting over his microphone to AM/FM radios

-Weezy lives with his two cats who, after the bombs dropped, mutated into creatures the size of gorillas.

-Wayne stills thinks 'you're an asshole'

-Shadow lives in a bunker with waifus

-Chris Lord has established the FMR (Free Meme Republic), near what used to be Gateshead

-The world is fucked

2015 - mintlou takes conors position, fucking ww3

I think you missed the point.

For the 800s though;

- Alfred the Great is king of Britain, has to defeat some Danish invaders at some point - probably advised how to deal with said foreigners by Mintlou. This probably means Simi and other Danish players would be no more I'm afraid.

- Charlemagne is crowned first Holy Roman Emperor - probably wouldn't impact too many OB members, nor would his son Louis succeeding him. Louis' division of France might stir Venga's inner Froggie into some aggressive thought but instead of doing anything he'll down his issues away with wine.

- Russia is founded by some viking fella, so that means a Scandinavian OB member's relative is in fact responsible for modern day matchmaking issues.

- OB would struggle, everyone would be straight savage or meat for the savage.

Not the best era, that or I'm just going about it the wrong way. Regardless I think it is safe to say OB struggles in the past or the future looking at Venga's world future lmao.

Ooh i like this thread, I know after this post my post count will rise but it is currently 1612, lets explore what wikipedia has to say about that.

January–June[edit]

January 6 – Axel Oxenstierna becomes Lord High Chancellor of Sweden. He persuades the Riksdag of the Estates to grant the Swedish nobility the right and privilege to hold all higher offices of government.

January 20 – Matthias becomes Holy Roman Emperor upon the death of Rudolf II.[1]

January 20–November 4 – An uprising in Moscow expels Polish troops.

March 2 – False Dmitry III is recognised as tsar by the Cossacks.

April 11 – Edward Wightman, a radical Anabaptist, is the last person to be executed for heresy in England, by burning at the stake in Lichfield.[1]

May 10 – Shah Jahan marries Mumtaz Mahal.

May 23–May 25 – A Sicilian–Neapolitan galley fleet defeats the Tunisians at La Goulette.

June 13 – Matthias, Holy Roman Emperor formally elected.[1]

July–December[edit]

July 22 – Four women and one man are hanged following the Northamptonshire witch trials in Northampton, England.

August 20 – Ten 'Pendle witches' are hanged having been found guilty of practising witchcraft in Lancashire, England.

August 26 – A Scottish mercenary force is destroyed in Norway at the Battle of Kringen.

November 29 – Treaty of Nasuh Pasha: Signed between Ottoman Empire and Safavid Empire

November 30 – Battle of Swally: Forces of the British East India Company and Portugal engage off the coast of India, resulting in a British victory.

December 15 – Simon Marius, is first to observe Andromeda Galaxy through a telescope.

December 28 – Galileo Galilei becomes the first astronomer to observe the planet Neptune when in conjunction with Jupiter, yet he mistakenly catalogues it as a fixed star because of its extremely slow motion along the ecliptic. Neptune is not truly discovered until 1846, about 234 years after Galileo first sights it with his telescope.

Date unknown[edit]

Jamestown: John Rolfe exports first crop of improved tobacco (seeds from Trinidad).

Nagoya Castle is completed.

Thomas Shelton's English translation of the first half of Don Quixote is published. It is the first translation of the Spanish novel into any language.

Now this is a creative thread. Well probably I'd be an uncivilized guy living in the island I live, with only one piece of clothes and hunting, "guanches" weren't much civilized until Spanish people came to conquer the islands and killed them all :D

Edited by Guest