Sign in to follow this  
inmylife

Ventcamping

Hi all, today I was playing on the server and without much surprise I concluded Golden Shot was vent camping. I slayed myself the next round in order to catch him in the act because Golden Shot is a little cunt who keeps freekilling people while playing simon says. Which I sadly only recorded once (he does it more often) which doesn't seem much prove for my case.

Any ways I didn't end up catching Golden Shot in the act, I did find out however that every round the ct's are doing something in the vent I would describe as vent camping. The thing is that everyone is doing it, even the mods (otherwise I'd raged on my mic a bit more about it). I've uploaded a video with 4 rounds of in my opinion vent camping. I'd like to know if this behaviour is permitted, what they are doing isn't exactly camping in one spot.. Well see for yourself I guess.

I don't mean anyone to get punished for this (a perma ct ban for Golden Shot would be nice though), I just want it to be clear what is acceptable and what is not when it comes down to movement in vents.

I'd also add that I'm pretty sure anyone and everyone would class vent camping as either:

A. Waiting in the vent to either hide from/trap/delay/kill a CT/T.

B. Deliberate entrapment - that is to say move through a vent continuously with the intention of finding Ts/CTs that may or may not be there in order to "expose them" as vent campers

In this case, it is B: Vent camping to kill Ts, with the defence of "I was going through the vent." Anyone he killed would immediately call vent camper, he'd call moving through the vent, but the CT would absolutely be slain for this.

I'd also add that I'm pretty sure anyone and everyone would class vent camping as either:

A. Waiting in the vent to either hide from/trap/delay/kill a CT/T.

B. Deliberate entrapment - that is to say move through a vent continuously with the intention of finding Ts/CTs that may or may not be there in order to "expose them" as vent campers

In this case, it is B: Vent camping to kill Ts, with the defence of "I was going through the vent." Anyone he killed would immediately call vent camper, he'd call moving through the vent, but the CT would absolutely be slain for this.

You summed it up perfectly, there's often no arguing with the people doing it at the time. Certainly if a mod himself is doing it, I can link this thread for future incidents.

This is a cancerous map to CT on as everyone knows. The vents leads straight to the armoury and CTs can't camp armouries or cells.

And although CTs were going back and forth through the vent and not camping in 1 spot and after looking at the video and thinking about it, I can see how it can be quite unfair to the Ts. I will talk with the other admins and come back to it.

this one is a hard one. I will say that the second guy was me and I can live with that. And I am first off sorry for it. And the only real defense I have at this point is that the vent on that map can lead everywhere. they can go straight into armoury or they can go to death crate and get a tec-9 there. I did it because we had lost several rounds of people going down there and getting weapons then sneaking behind us and shoot us. I felt like the only thing that could be done so we had a chance was to camp the vents a bit. But then when I saw that they were in big cage you could see and hear me say "yea I was trying to go out of the armoury door." That wouldn't have been a good option sense they could then just all rush me in there and get weapons (atleast I thought at the time). Then I decided I would go through the vent in Death crate and on my way over there I found the t that I killed. I know I should probaly have been out way before this.

Again sorry that I did it and I will try to remind myself not to do it again. But then again the map is horrible to ct without a guy in vents.

this one is a hard one. I will say that the second guy was me and I can live with that. And I am first off sorry for it. And the only real defense I have at this point is that the vent on that map can lead everywhere. they can go straight into armoury or they can go to death crate and get a tec-9 there. I did it because we had lost several rounds of people going down there and getting weapons then sneaking behind us and shoot us. I felt like the only thing that could be done so we had a chance was to camp the vents a bit. But then when I saw that they were in big cage you could see and hear me say "yea I was trying to go out of the armoury door." That wouldn't have been a good option sense they could then just all rush me in there and get weapons (atleast I thought at the time). Then I decided I would go through the vent in Death crate and on my way over there I found the t that I killed. I know I should probaly have been out way before this.

Again sorry that I did it and I will try to remind myself not to do it again. But then again the map is horrible to ct without a guy in vents.

Dont worry about it simi, I was the number 4. We aren't the first to do this nor the last, have seen this pretty much everytime I played on that map. Will have to come up with some kind of conclusion soon and will let you know.

If it wasn't such a ridiculous difficult map I would've spammed through my mic for you to stop it. I post it on here so we can have a discussion about it, cause I've commanded on this map often enough with 8 rounds straight going to hell because that's the map it is.

This is very dirty camping, in the first clip when he went back to armoury I thought it was just taking a long time to check vents but in reality he just picked up another gun and went back.

This map is very bad for vent camping because it's very hard to stop Ts from getting into vent and even if you run through it once to check they can easily get in again. I've seen a few CTs come up from the vent into the cell to deal with the problem which in a way is a form of vent camping and can be very annoying if a CT comes into your cell.

All you need is one sweep and then leave vents.

Competent Cambridge CT then calls that a guy dropped down vents, you then do a 2nd sweep. Not difficult and no need to camp the vent like this person in the video is doing.

In other news:

:cry1:

3,000 posts and 3 years within OB, 4 if you include when I first started in VooDoo.

Edited by Guest

Competant

Key word here, not just one CT needed, but a team to actually call these kind of things out

There is a fix to this however, you order the T's in the vent cell to hug their cell doors, and the CT gets in the cell and sits behind them, if they move at all you warning shot them.

Competant

There is a fix to this however, you order the T's in the vent cell to hug their cell doors, and the CT gets in the cell and sits behind them, if they move at all you warning shot them.

I shuda thought of this, but I guess I don't trust the CTs to go and sit behind them if they get knifed somehow by a guy hiding at the back.

So I think the vents can be cleared/swept once and maybe twice[return journey] if they exit the vent straight after the 2nd sweep. Other than that I don't think it should be allowed.