Sign in to follow this  
Lewis

CSGOLounge betting

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYY GGGGGGGGGGGOD.

Mythic. They took it. The gods. Frozt. Flom. Anger. Lex and fucking Hades take a bow. What a game.

That is my all time favorite game of CSGO ever. Ever. What a fucking game. 14-16 first map. 13-16 second map. 14-16 Third map. So many 1v1s, so many mental retakes. so many insane clutches.

That is what counter strike is about.

Pick em' predictions for ESL Katowice (Would have got gold coin at cologne, but I was away and couldn't place stickers on some matches)

I've laid out the groups below, with the players on the team from best to worst in my opinion by fragging ability. Then a little note on what I predict to happen and who will proceed from the groups.

Group A

Na'vi (Guardian, Edward, Seized, Zeus, Starix)

Fnatic (Olofm, JW, KrimZ, Flusha, Pronax)

Vox Eminor (jks, AZR, Havoc, topguN, SPUNJ)

F3 Tactics (Worldedit, Markeloff, Davcost, Bondik, Blad3)

On paper, this is the easiest group to predict. Na'vi and Fnatic. Na'vi are very strong on LAN - a lot stronger than you see them playing right now. It's a possibility - but I don't see vox or f3 pulling an upset, we don't go with possibilities - we go with what's the highest likelihood. Na'vi and Fnatic to proceed.

Group B

Team EnvyUS (Shox, Happy, Kioshima, NBK, Smithzz)

Penta Sports (Nex, Troubley, Spiidi, kRYSTAL, denis)

LGB esports (Rain, Rubino, Polly, Jkaem, zEVES)

Titan (KennyS, apEX, RPK, Maniac, Ex6tenz)

As with the other groups coming up - hard to predict again. Fairly confident that envyus will go through with a 2-0 record. LGB are a good team - but eliminate them and it's a toss up between Penta and Titan. Penta beat titan in a bo1 yesterday - none of this saving strat bullshit, they rolled them. Even when Titan were on CT side. KennyS isn't unstoppable - if he's even slightly off, or apex, Penta can win hands down. Nex and Troubley are sick players in their own right. Essentially this is a toss up group - i'm still going with Titan, but feel free to do your own research.

If it helps, PENTA play LGB first. While Titan play NV first.

Group C

NiP (F0rest, Get right, Friberg, Allu, Xizt)

Hellraisers (Dosia, Flamie, Angel, AdreN, Kucher)

CLG (Tarik, ptr, hazed, reltuc, FNS)

Keyd Stars (fer, steel, fallen, zqk, boltz)

No beating around the bush. Another hard group to call. Pretty much the same as above. NiP 2-0, Keyd can't do much anymore now their mirage secret is out. It'll come down to CLG vs HR, NA vs EU. Dosia vs Tarik. HR have failed me so much in the past that I'm going with our brothers across the pond on this one. Especially as now no s1mple who they relied upon hard. CLG and NiP to proceed.

Group D

Virtus Pro (Snax, Pasha, Byali, NEO, Taz)

TSM (Device, Cajunb, Dupreeh, Xyp9x, Karrigan)

Cloud9 (n0thing, Shroud, Shazham, Semphis, Sgares)

3DMAX (Xarte, disturbed, KHRN, natu, stonde)

Virtus Pro pretty easily to proceed. Same trend in B, C and D. A team in there who will easily proceed and are pretty superior. A team who most likely won't proceed but there's a chance they can throw a spanner in the works. And two good teams who will battle each other to get the playoff spot. I believe c9 CAN beat TSM, all players on c9 can have 30 bomb games vs a team like dig. A lot comes down to the map, how the players are playing. As much as I want c9 to proceed, as I bum n0thing... TSM will probably win

tl;dr?

This is for the valve pick 'em challenge (bronze, silver, gold coins)

If you follow exactly what I said - no blamerino. If you liked it or w.e feel free to ask me when the play off stage starts.

No ragerino about player placements due to fragging ability )

Group A - Na'vi + Fnatic

Group B - NV + Titan

Group C - NiP + CLG

Group D - VP + TSM

B,C + D can all easily go either way.

Enjoy da major boys!

I still think Titan are going to sag, they just aren't a strong team at the moment. Yeah kenny is basically THE best player right now but even when he's on form he is constantly let down by the rest of the line up under performing. My money is on penta going through in group B. Agreed on the other picks though.

@Lewis why do you just assume CLG will beat kstars? kstars were destroying them in scrims while they bootcamped in NA(Not on mirage). kstars can beat any team in that group.

@Lewis why do you just assume CLG will beat kstars? kstars were destroying them in scrims while they bootcamped in NA(Not on mirage). kstars can beat any team in that group.

CLG won't need to beat them from my prediction stance.

Keyd stars play NiP first - who will beat them.

Then I think although it'll be tight - CLG will beat Hellraisers.

Then by those 2 matches above ^ Keyd stars would then have to get past Hellraisers and THEN CLG to qualify. (with the assumption CLG lose to nip)

Keyd (Kabum) got smashed last time they played NiP, and smashed last time they played HR. They probs won't even face CLG. But it's a BO1 i guess.