Sign in to follow this  
Jak

A life lesson learned from something that feels no life

Now, I know what this forum is like but I would like to take a brief moment here to be serious and discuss this poignant video along with the harsh, but true, message that this little automated machine represents. From the initial spark that creates the fleeting flicker of life to the moment the plug is pulled, both literally and metaphorically, there is jubilance and bewilderment that precedes a realisation of things yet to come. You come to expect what's next, you can feel it like some sort of sand timer running down, the tension in the cord building along with the tension within yourself. There is nothing, then movement, then nothing again and it happens in a timescale that almost passes too quickly to grasp a hold of in one take.

I sometimes wonder if this is what our lives are like from an outside perspective, a short burst of frantic energy that fizzles out as swiftly as it begins. Perhaps it isn't just an individual moment, either. In the depths of Space are there entities watching the Earth--and any other planets that begin a similar cycle as our own--pass as ephemerally as the machine in this video? Are we being viewed remotely through a looking glass just as we stare upon this video? How long does time pass for that machine? Is it itself watching something pass even quicker within? Some might say the entire exercise of constructing something as you have witnessed in this short film is one of no rhyme or reason, but what we all must think upon is that whether or not the intention is to create meaning, the end result poses questions that cannot yet be answered. To me the video raises questions surrounding the machine itself, it's life span and it's purpose, and the main point I glean from my brief viewing experience is that while the machine can be reset and started again, what we are doing here right now cannot. If you take nothing else from this discussion then remember this; yolo.

Life's how you make it, my cousins just posted a video of her scuba diving through a Japanese war ship in Thailand, if I could I'd be doing the same myself, you don't have to take the A - B route doing what everyone else is doing, go work, come home, pay bills. Take the windy road and enjoy it all, I love my life, but I do feel I've missed out on alot, but I make a good amount of money, have my own place, a son a pretty damn good girl friend and I'm happy, that's what counts.

I don't think Weezy meant that A-B is just one route. You define where B is. But you can't change A, because the plug is eventually gonna' get pulled. It's about time and how precious it is.

Yeah thats well said :)