Sign in to follow this  
gaffeR

Tablet recommendations.

Bought my Kindle Fire HD from amazon £120, on offer its the only tablet I've ever owned so I can't compare it to anything but I really like it. It has an android adapted operating system but of course certain apps aren't on it but I use it for reading 80% of the time anyway

I have some knowledge about tablets, the thing is even though I dislike saying so. Apple has made the best tablets so far although their price is way up in the sky compared to other tablets. They have cleared most of the child diseases in their equipment concerning tablets.

Samsung is a good alternative.

Nexus 7 is a great tablet and the cheapest one is £200. Its 7" (hence the name) and 16gb so it is quite small but its a brilliant tablet. Samsung also have some good tablets for around that price as well.

Nexus 7 all the way, if you look on HotUKDeals it regularly drops to £150 and it's the best 7" tablet you can get. I think it's £180 normally.

It's direct android from Google, meaning updates do not go through Samsung push or any other thing. It's a really good little tablet.

Another one you could look at is the LG G Pad 8.3". Again, really nice tablet, slightly bigger and I think it has a higher PPI than the Nexus, however that one is always just a little bit more expensive. Around £200

Apple (in my opinion) make the best 10" tablet. That's it. The mini is a bag of freeze dried shite.

I own a Nexus 7 and we also have an iPad 3rd gen. I like both.

Microsoft surface...

I'm joking obviously

I have to agree with biggles OK the Kindle fire front, we sell them at work so I needed to do a course type thing in learning all about them specs wise so I could sell it properly, really really decent cheap tablet, nice screen, nice feel and size and a good user layout

*EDIT* I'm talking about the Kindle fire HD, it's the best, don't get the HDX it's about 50 quid more and there is literally no see able difference