Sign in to follow this  
Fluxy

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

So, been tanning the fuck out of this game over the past week on my shiny new PS4. Was just wanting to start a general discussion if anybody else has played/got it? NO SPOILERS DOH PLS

So im 49% completion atm, put about 25 hours into the game and I gotta say its impressive. The scale, the environments, the detail. The battles, everything really can just make you go...wow, this is an amazing game. The first moment I boarded an enemy schooner roping across onto the flaming deck drawing duel swords and wrecking shit like something out of Pirates of the Carrabian has to be one of my favourite gaming moments from this year. Story is actually pretty good as well, while I have never been a fan of the zipping back and forth from future to present they have done it well in this game with the present day interruptions being minimal and short. Lots of funny moments with great characters that really make it a joy to play and when you get later in the game and you get 4 pistols and really upgrade your ship you do actually feel like some badass pirate captain.

All that is good fair and dandy but there is a major downfall that has been bugging me recently with the game. First of all, this game (to me anyway) does not feel like assassins creed...AT ALL! Its a completely different game in my eyes, they might as well have called it "Pirates of Nightmares" or something like that and made it a new title. The character you play as is not an assassin, you don't become an assassin "as far as I can tell" you don't join the creed. (not very spoliery, revealed pretty early on) and in fact the whole assassins creed takes a bit of a borderline throughout the plot. Running around with the iconic hood and blades just dosent make you feel like the ultimate assassin the other games used too. I really miss the feel of brotherhood or AC2 (wasent a fan of AC3) and you just don't get that in this game. The main character Kenway is a bit of a dick and not nearly as cool as Ezio. Also its getting a bit dull now it has to be said, tail these guys, don't get seen, stab this guy. board this ship, climb this building. But that being said still really enjoying it and will probably play it to 100%.

Turned into a bit of a review but whatever, handy I guess for anybody wanting to buy the game

Well for me the reason I bought one was that it runs stuff that my laptop cant, games I really want to play (ie AC4, watchdogs, BF4) and my pc cant run them. So I got one, because I had the monies

lol didnt you buy a £700 'gaming' laptop???

I needed a laptop for school anyway, it just cant run AAA titles like the ones I specified and I needed an upgrade from my ancient pc (i3, 8800 NVidia or something lol)

I have a £700 pc that can run all these games on ultra easily. You should have just bought a cheap laptop and a good pc m8

Well for me the reason I bought one was that it runs stuff that my laptop cant, games I really want to play (ie AC4, watchdogs, BF4) and my pc cant run them. So I got one, because I had the student loan