Sign in to follow this  
Skeff

Runescape

If it keeps going at the same rate, we've had 80,000 in 22 hours, meaning roughly 1,200,000 votes. Obviously it won't get this many, but it should easily exceed the 750,000 needed for it to be free to play! Never properly got back into runescape since 07, so this is wierdly exciting....

At 500,000 votes 2007 servers will be realised with no additional cost for membership so you'll just pay the 3-4 pound or whatever it is for normal membership a month, I think it'll easily reach the 500k mark, personally my favourite rs era was pvp worlds, hybriding/multi pking at falador was literally i did, i would love to see pvp worlds back.

At 500,000 votes 2007 servers will be realised with no additional cost for membership so you'll just pay the 3-4 pound or whatever it is for normal membership a month, I think it'll easily reach the 500k mark, personally my favourite rs era was pvp worlds, hybriding/multi pking at falador was literally i did, i would love to see pvp worlds back.

OMGashhh Thomas you're such a nerd go eat a hot pocket or somthin.

Jagex have released a new update on this which will most certainly roll in some more votes:

Since Friday we have seen over 160,000 votes and growing in support of bringing back Old School RuneScape servers.

Congratulations! The team is already hard at work restoring this service for you and we hope to be able to let you know when they will be up and running ASAP.

However voting appears to be slowing so it’s very much up to you and your friends to determine the ultimate level of investment for this service as well as any potential membership fee.

Members votes decide the ultimate destiny of Old School RuneScape. Remember: everyone who votes will get their first month of old school RuneScape for free, regardless of the poll outcome. So, register your vote and encourage all your friends to do the same!

We will be hosting a forum chat on Wednesday at 8pm GMT. This is will be your opportunity to ask the team anything and everything you could want to know about the plan for the return of OId School Servers.

In preparation for this live discussion, we will be opening up a specific thread tomorrow for you to post questions to the team. This will help us to get the best members of the team to answer your questions.

Again congratulations on the return of Old School Servers, and if you haven’t voted go to the poll page here.

The RuneScape Team

So if you're thinking of playing but can't vote because you're not member, make yourself member and vote now!

NutCracker,

What I mean is that I don't think that 750k people have membership (P2P) now so they cant get the vote to that stage as it is a P2P member vote only, therefore F2P people cant vote.So people will buy membership to vote but it will still not reach this goal as Runescape has become a lot less popular in recent times. I think that Jagex have set that bar too high so that it will never reach that stage therefore they earn even more money from bringing back this Previous update as it is going to cost them a lot of money to host an extra server for it and they probably don't want the extra payload of work without getting a decent earning from it.

giant_cheesepuff