Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

*POLL* Vote for a new server! -POLL CLOSED-

Vote for Another CSS Server  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for Another CSS Server

• Minigames (With our prisonbreak skins)
    • Zombie Escape
    • Gungame (Turbo with our prisonbreak skins)
    • Surf server (AuR Style)

I prefer ZM to ZE. Zombie Escape just gets boring. At least with ZM there's some sort of variety, whereas with ZE it's the same maps with the same escape route. Just my opinion though.

Prisoner skins pls.

To go back on some previous posts and to add my opinion/experiences:

I read that some people prefer to increase the playerslots on the current jailbreak. I think (just like a few others) that a jailbreak server with 32 slots is more than enough. Also, I know that lot of gameservers can only go up to 32 playerslots when u rent one. But I don't know if it's a gameserver or a dedicated server that Kriss & McLovin own.

About populating servers, Zomby Escape will populate a lot slower than Zombie Mod, I noticed that when I had my own community/servers before. On the Zombie Mod server I was able to get regular players in some time, while at the same time the Zomby Escape server had almost no players.

(btw:I also had a Zombie Riot server and that was full in no time, but you lose a lot of playerslots with the bots you got in there. For example Zombie Riot server of 40 slots loses 20 slots for the bots, so I think that isn't an option here?)

I also read that people want hats, weapon skins, playerskins, all kinds of additional things. In my opinion that's a bad idea. Why? Every skin, sound, plug-in needs to be downloaded before you play on the server. Lots of people don't like it when they need to download tons of shit. A few skins for the zombies need to be installed offcourse, but not weapon skins... and all the other shit I read..

Also keep in mind that Zombie-Escape maps are kinda big downloads. there are maps of just 30-60Mb, but also of 110 Mb, if you add to that some shit that is not needed to play the game decently it's just to much..

So conclusion: Big downloads NOT good to poppulate a server!

As for the opinions I read like "Zombie Mod is no fun, they just get on a box and camp there all time." Well if you choose a decent map, than that isn't the case. A Zombie Mod map should have no impossible spots for the zombies. In a decent map the Zombies can get on every spot without being blocked by props. The survival of the humans should depend of the skill of the person or the teamwork with other humans.

I can provide a list of maps that in my opinion are good and fair for the humans as well as for the zombies.

(I will post them as soon as it is decided what server there will come.)

Also, to keep it fair, there shoudl be increased ammo offcourse, but there still needs to be Reload on all guns. Without reload you can indeed stay on every corner and just keep the trigger... Stupid...

This is the wall of Proxima...

Yes it's a lot, and possibly i repeated myself on some points, but when I read what others demand, say I can't leave it to just type a full text with my own opinion..

Shadow, Whats that ZE map called with the cable car

If you mean the one with the double cable cars at the end ( where you stay on a small island ) then it is Licciana. if it is another one, specify a bit more. Licciana is my fav map ( I like racing to the end ).

liccania escape or something?
Twist, thats the italian style map with the boats at the end

The one with the 2 boats at the end is Sorrento_escape and not Licciana.

My favourite is this Final-Fantasy one, it's really really awesome but kind of retarded.

You fight this huge dragon thing, Bahamut from the series. :B

FFVII_Mako_Reactor. A HARD map with unexperience players, it works with levels. I love this map aswell ( managed to finish extreme mode once solo ). Out of all maps that I have, this is definitly the one that requires the most teamwork ( ofcourse others do aswell ).

Proxima is right though with the downloads, ZE maps can be huge but that's part of it. If you play on a ZE server, it's to expect that when there is a new map that the download will take a while ( I think when i first downloaded Mako it took like 5 minutes ).

If anyone needs names of other maps, I'll try to provide them ( if needed a list of the good ones imo ).

Yesss, Mako! Long time since i played any Zombie Escape, got bored of repeated Helms Deep spam.

Mako is badass mainly because you get to use the different elements as weapons and stuff..

I love it.

With the skins and hats issue, these downloads are pretty small, especially with fastdownload.. i don't think it would matter too much.