Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

The News Post About Trolling

Theres actually a massive difference between trolling and just being a dick, trolling would be forcing someone into a one sided argument that they're bound to lose (Atheists vs Christians) where as trying to piss people off to provoke reaction is called being a dick, this is my favourite of the two

As far as I see it, this is at our discretion. If you are acting in a manner that is disrespectful towards the admins, the server, or members we will ban you for a week. This has gone far enough. This isn't a complicated concept either, so please don't plead ignorance. It is inherently obvious what trolling is, too, and you shouldn't need a definition to know that you should show a little respect around this place. Thanks.

But trolling and being disrespectfull are two different things?

I see trolling like;

A ct says and order, and some t's "missunderstands" it, and goes off doing something completley different and then moans like hell when being warning shot.

Or when someone is being a retard by own choice and maybe asking "why" to every single question that is asked.

But being disrespectfull to me is just being an arse, nothing else, and it is definetly not trolling.

THEREFORE, i asked for a defenition about what you admins define as trolling, since obviously we have different thoughts on the matter. And i bet that other people have other thoughts too, therefore i do think that a definition might've been in a good place?

The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it pisses people off, but it's lame.

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help.

Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll.

Signs that your trolling is succesful:

*Your victim screaming in all-caps at you.

*Personal attacks (Calling you a retard, idiot, etc).

*Being an Internet Tough Guy.

*Making a crude remark, before quickly logging off before you can retort.

Signs that your trolling is unsuccesful:

*Your victim identifying you as a troll.

*Identifying yourself as a troll.

*Your efforts being ignored.

*Being counter-trolled (See below)

Gumzter, if they would ban for that, everybody would be banned soon enough (even though that is the "proper" explanation of trolling).

Since getting someone to "scream" at you is quite easy, same goes for getting people to insult you.

And, if you were to be banned for being insulted?

Well that would be quite wrong.

So therefore, i asked the admins for some guidelines about what they think is bannable under the category "trolling" and what is not.