Sign in to follow this  
Tiny

~The !redie petition thread~

Should The Server get !Redie? (READ BEFORE VOTING)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Server get !Redie? (READ BEFORE VOTING)

• Yes, this is a great idea!
    • No, this is a bad idea!

Could we have !redie installed? (- Possibly for donator only)

Not sure how well this would synergise.. but it does make for something to do. You could do moving obstacle or mess around on the map whilst dead.

For those who don't know - you basically spawn as a completely invisible, undetectable version of yourself. You can't interact with any of the map features (climbing ladders aside), but you're still affected by the physics engine.

Pro's

- Something fun to do whilst dead!

- Cannot interfere with map features.

- Keeps people interested during those long rounds, meaning we don't lose population.

- Allows people to get a better grasp of the map, meaning rounds are more fluid since people actually know where they're going.

Con's

- Jumping into water will most likely make a splash sound, so people could irritate alive CT with little sounds like this.. although if you think about it, it's pretty unrealistic that the server will EVER be that quiet.

- The server chat could get spammed with !redie.

- People may suicide purposefully

- Spectators may get stuck in cells

TL;DR - I'd like to get the !redie mod (a ghost spectate mod) installed so people/donators have stuff to do on the long rounds. If you agree, or having something to add, post below with '/signed' or with your input.

People in favour of a trial run - Tiny, Nigel, Hatch, Domnomnom, Tweep, Lynet, Gaz, JDOG, Foxxy, Eagle, Fin, Gaz, IPENIX

People against - Twist, Shadow, Byron

:D

Edited by Guest

+1

The only problem I can think of is cell doors... But then I suppose you could specify the !redie spawn on each map

Also, you can get the console to suppress certain commands, like at the moment with commands beginning with "/"

Also also, I used to surf alot on servers with !redie, and the living players have no concept at all of dead players (e.g. noise etc)

I guess its a good idea butttt if someone just wants to do obstacle, climb or bhop then they won't bother with the round like if its trivia then they will kill themselves "that will effect the round" so they can do something different i think it would effect the server a lot and isn't a good idea people might not play the rounds and its just genna effect the server a lot in my opinion. You could try it to see though!