Sign in to follow this  
YoungGerald

Horror Movies

I was browsing the Movieclips Trailers Youtube channel i found so i'm really cool looking trailers for upcoming/released horror movies, i've never really been interested in the horror genre, but these really caught my eye.

The first movie is "Lights out" there isn't a whole lot of information about this movie, but here is the general plot of the movie. (Released July 22nd in the US)

When Rebecca (Teresa Palmer) left home, she thought that her childhood fears were behind her. As a young girl growing up, she was never really sure of what was real when the lights went out at night. Now, her little brother Martin (Gabriel Bateman) is experiencing the same unexplained and terrifying events that jeopardized her safety and sanity. Holding a mysterious attachment to their mother (Maria Bello), the supernatural entity has returned with a vengeance to torment the entire family.

The next one is called "Hush" which is actually already release, but after watching the trailer and doing some research about the film it's getting good reviews and look pretty awesome.

Here is the general starting plot for the movie: Madison "Maddie" Young (Kate Siegel), a young deaf author who lost her hearing after a bout of bacterial meningitis at age 13, lives isolated in a small cottage in the woods, surviving off money from book sales. Her friend and neighbor Sarah (Samantha Sloyan) visits her one day to return a copy of one of her books, and that night, is chased back to Maddie's cottage by a masked man (John Gallagher Jr.). Sarah bangs on the door for help, but Maddie doesn't notice her and the man stabs her to death on the doorstep.

And the final one called "Don't Breathe" looks so fucking good.(Released August 22 in the UK)

There really isn't a lot you can say about this one without just watching it, but here is the general plot again: Three young thieves (Jane Levy, Dylan Minnette, Daniel Zovatto) fight for their lives after breaking into the home of a blind veteran (Stephen Lang) who has a dark side.

I find movie trailers to be generally dumb as fuck and pertain nothing to the movies quality

anyway, some movies  you should watch:
Audition, Japanese, creepy af.
Funny Games, brilliant director Michael Haneke, more of a critique of horror movies and especially the audience, many a fourth wall break and very dark humour.
Surely you've watched Silence of the Lambs? More of a thriller I suppose but one of my favourite movies.

They look quite awesome! That "Lights Out" movie looks like it's based off of a short horror movie also titled "Lights Out" made 2 years ago. When I saw it at the time I was scared shitless but now it's like lel that's cool.