Sign in to follow this  
addict -iwnl-

Feedback on an article I wrote

Hey guys, I write for Team Dignitas (a big esports org) I have an article on the way talking about how to support your entry fragger.

I currently have an article released about setups on Cobblestone, so if you want some ideas on how to setup for MM etc or for your team

have a read :)

p.s if it isnt allowed, sorry :X

http://team-dignitas.net/articles/blogs ... obblestone

That's actually a pretty cool article, I think it really suits a lot of people who are making teams and don't really understand that much about cobblestone or/and set-ups. It's also well written and presented. :twisted:

The only bad thing is that Cobblestone is a REALLY predictable map. Most strategies are just B pushes in one way or another xD.

The standard set-up on this map is to counter a B rush which is sad. (Which you could have mentioned but it would seem a bit ranty)

It's good that you've given 5 different set-ups but in-game you could only really get through 2/3 different gun round set-ups without losing the half badly. So maybe something saying like 'This should be your first set-up because x' then go into y if z happened or back into x if x happened.

You also should mention money when taking into account which strat, as a strat with incendiaries and grenades won't be viable first gun round.

Good Job though :D

That's actually a pretty cool article, I think it really suits a lot of people who are making teams and don't really understand that much about cobblestone or/and set-ups. It's also well written and presented. :twisted:

The only bad thing is that Cobblestone is a REALLY predictable map. Most strategies are just B pushes in one way or another xD.

The standard set-up on this map is to counter a B rush which is sad. (Which you could have mentioned but it would seem a bit ranty)

It's good that you've given 5 different set-ups but in-game you could only really get through 2/3 different gun round set-ups without losing the half badly. So maybe something saying like 'This should be your first set-up because x' then go into y if z happened or back into x if x happened.

You also should mention money when taking into account which strat, as a strat with incendiaries and grenades won't be viable first gun round.

Good Job though :D

Thanks for the feedback :P

Intrested how you found yourself writing for dignitas, being a game journalist is something I'm very intrested in so that's looks like a cool place to try and start.

You can add their head of content, and you just have to look out for the reddit threads on /r/GlobalOffensive he occasionally looks for writers to put on trials etc :)

I can ask him if they're still taking writers for you, if you want?

If you would do that it would be amazing man. Ty.

In the unlikely event he is intrested you can tell him I have examples of my game related writing if he wants to see them.