Sign in to follow this  
Fluxy

Thoughts on official valve 1v1 matchmaking

So I had this thought last night and I'm intrested to hear what you guys think of it.

Basiclly, what would you guys think about an official 1V1 matchmaking system. 1v1s are pretty popular but finding a server to do them on is always a pain, I first thought it would be great for valve to offer sort of a server system so you could challenge your friends to a 1v1 but then I thought, why stop there, you could have a whole system for it.

How I imagine it would work.

Search for a game just like normal MM, except only matching you with one person obviously, preferably using your MM rank to match people against you. Best of 3 then starts across a pistol map rifle map then AWP map if a decider is needed, these maps would just change automatically ofc.

You currently have a MM win counter on your csgo profile, I can imagine another icon next to that which could display your 1v1 victories. Important to note winning 1v1s probably shouldn't affect your rank, it's just used as a matching tool.

Pros:

train aiming against people your own skill rank.

More csgo fun to be had

Easier to do 1v1s

Cons

Probably 64 tick servers

Takes away from community 1v1 servers

Even bigger smurf problem.

Thoughts guys?

I like community aim arena servers as most of them have a slight tweak in the way it's done from others.

It took me going through 10 servers to find one which I really liked the settings for and I play it a bit when I feel like improving my play.

If Valve decided to make official servers they'd all have to be standard and couldn't possibly cater to everybody's wants and needs.

The massive problem with having servers for just two people is that a lot of people will just go 'He's not actually good' and just rage quit or something,

Then it's a huge waste of time loading in and shit when one guy rages,

It'd probs be rare to get through all 3 maps without someone leaving.

One of the reasons people 1v1 is to warm-up when their friends or something are getting on, then they'll leave to play. So having something to punish players for leaving would just make people use community servers.

Just seems unnecessary, since community servers can cater to everything from ping to weapon skins.

I like community aim arena servers as most of them have a slight tweak in the way it's done from others.

It took me going through 10 servers to find one which I really liked the settings for and I play it a bit when I feel like improving my play.

If Valve decided to make official servers they'd all have to be standard and couldn't possibly cater to everybody's wants and needs.

This pretty much. Bit pointless really.

Nice post though.