Sign in to follow this  
Skeff

jb_regency

I've been wanting to make a new and unique map for a while. I've had numerous ideas however they never really worked out well. At the start of this weekend I challenged myself to create a map based on something random and jb_regency is what resulted from that.

I went on a random game name generator and after a few tries to get something vaguely like Counter Strike and Jailbreak.

dLNh9e4.png

I plotted some ideas and a map layout on paper and got to work. I must have been mapping for about 4-5 hours. This is what it looked like after the first night.

tbm8Stt.jpg

HhpcB9T.jpg

VOMBVNw.jpg

WDsHuzH.jpg

I then proceeded to work on it all of the next day, probably racking up a good 12-15 hours. This is what it looked like after.

dHyEiDc.jpg

Au081XS.jpg

iXzDuXK.jpg

jhYVxDl.jpg

GV69tEn.jpg

H1mARSN.jpg

6R4JZW1.jpg

TuLoXDT.jpg

Finally today I finished off the bits that needed editing and I handed it to Gunstar to put on the server. Hopefully you'll get to play it soon.

Hey Skeff, we tested the map today, there were a few problems with 2 of the games there. The bathing chair game didn't work properly and people couldn't finish the building game. PM me if you need more info.

Hey Skeff, we tested the map today, there were a few problems with 2 of the games there. The bathing chair game didn't work properly and people couldn't finish the building game. PM me if you need more info.

Thanks for the feedback buddy.

I just played the map on the JB server and it seems alright for what it is. Obviously there isn't many games and I saw some more creative ideas but I think adding a few more wouldn't hurt, also there is currently a lack of ways one might try to rebel so I might add some more however I was impressed with some of the rebelling I saw.

After testing this map I've got a couple of suggestions that I would love to see. The map works very, and is quite balanced and the games that it has work really well and are quite a bit of fun.

- The area that connects the back of cells to the 'OB meme room' seems very blank and boring. Although I think a JB map needs an open space to move Ts into, unstack them, but it could do with some lines/tables/markings to help CTs with games. Also the area would be pretty hard to use with lots of Ts, because of the access to the armoury from this area, I would suggest adding some kind of CT door to separate the area.

- I would love to seem somekind of game in the open space behind the tower game. Although there are lots of places where you can make creative games. (The car area, the bar, the pool) I'd also love to see a cannon or another interactive object that you can use to make games.

- I think the goals in the water polo would be nice with ladders on the back of them, so they could double as diving boards, making it easier to play games in this pool.

- The sun-bed game seemed to be a little bugged, as it killed people who stood on top while it was spinning. I love the things you can do with this game, but it might need fixing.

- I think people who have the inability to be imaginative and use their surroundings will want some kind of generic game (e.g climb/race/deathrun/wipeout).

Overall I think this map is really good, because of the different games you can create using the different objects, and I love the idea of medishots as prizes for games. I get really sick of people asking for medic, and it gives another incentive to win games than prizes.