Sign in to follow this  
Allen Snider

Favorite music experience?

Hi peeps, Allen here

Was unsure of if I should post this in the media section, or general chat, so here it goes:

What was your favorite music experience?

It can be something as simple as listening to a specific album for the first time, or watching your favorite band with 50.000 other people

Mine is probably the first time I listened to Dire Straits: Alchemy live (the concert)

I bought the dvd in a flea market of some sort, and since I had already heard the band before, I decided to give it a listen

That was 5 years ago (I think? could be longer), and they still remain to be my favorite band today

(Link the the tubes for those who are interested)

What's yours?

I don't know if I've had many experiences per say but my first gig was damn good. The entire fucking place was doing drawing perfect robot squares and crabulon claws. I've even found some videos of it.

2:55 the robot square drawing begins

1:54 Zero grav mosh pit

Crabulon claws

Dire straits <3

For me its between my first metal gig seeing slipknot and machine head. Where everyone was going mental, it was just a good gig with a load of friends.

Or on a more meaningful note: A Stereophonics gig in 2013 , my brother suprised me with tickets and its where we finally reconnected after drifting apart.

Seeing the one and only Skream live in a tiny basement club. For me, it was truly amazing. In my eyes he is the great granddaddy of dubstep and is the man who get me into electronic music. The club's capacity was only about 200 people, the set was absolute filth. It was one of the most incredible experiences of my life, musically or otherwise. all those drugs probably helped too...