Sign in to follow this  
Allen Snider

Being creative

Hello peeps

I was wondering what the different members of OB are doing to fulfill their creative needs

Personally, I like to write short stories, no more than 2 pages long or so each

Also, I like to make the dankest memes of my english teacher

Good example, with an actual quote of his:

3yhSIwg.jpg

I've started ballroom dance which isn't particularly creative at a basic level, but I'm enjoying it.

When I'm not doing structured lessons and have improved my leading skills I can get more creative with move sequences.

Do quite a bit of reading but that's just mental stimulation.

Not too keen about learning an instrument but might be nice to try and produce tracks one day.

Not too keen about learning an instrument but might be nice to try and produce tracks one day.

One of my friends keeps telling me that I should do the same, because it helped him develop as a person

You can start out with composing some simple tunes on the computer, and move on to real instruments if you feel like it

ballroom dance

Interesting.

Not considered the most manliest thing, but i wouldn't decline if someone was to invite me.

What's the venue? Somewhere classy?

I like to use every excuse to photoshop something. Actually i think it's the only time i'm ever creative these days.

//Unless when it's for memes. pls no requests

However i did buy an enormous colouring book the other day. Pictures so detailed and intricate it would take me a good few months non-stop to do one page.

It's rather relaxing :3

ballroom dance

Interesting.

Not considered the most manliest thing, but i wouldn't decline if someone was to invite me.

What's the venue? Somewhere classy?

I like to use every excuse to photoshop something. Actually i think it's the only time i'm ever creative these days.

//Unless when it's for memes. pls no requests

However i did buy an enormous colouring book the other day. Pictures so detailed and intricate it would take me a good few months non-stop to do one page.

It's rather relaxing :3

I really don't understand the stereotype.

I'm going out for the evening, socializing and dancing (which is nice light exercise) with women while most guys go home and sit on their arse.

Give it a try if you get the chance, I went by myself and have already made friends with several people.

It's quite an oldish venue, renovated a couple years back though.

They hire it out for wedding receptions and the like.

Can even have a drink if I feel like it, place has a bar.

- Playing the guitar, took lessons to know how to play it, now just learning whatever I want to on it and playing it the enjoyment.

- I do Programming for fun. Using and learning a bit of java and vb.net.

- I do Sports. Indoor cricket and nets and badminton. Gym twice a week.

- Sometimes if I have the time, teach myself graphics design, logo making etc.

Play drums a lot, excerpts excess anger and stress

Photography and filmmaking helps that creative side of me

Swimming a few times a week is really calming

A good series of tv and reading is hard to beat to keep my mind occupied

Along with some psychedelic drugs every few months keeps me focused on what is actually important

- Playing the guitar,

I can play a bit, but I find it so damn hard to learn anything.

I mean, I don't take lessons, but I've found the only way I learn is by drilling.

Play the same tab over and over until muscle memory kicks in.

I can only play little bits of a few tunes. I really wish I could play more.

Same with the piano. Although, i'd much rather learn to play the piano over the guitar.

- Playing the guitar,

I can play a bit, but I find it so damn hard to learn anything.

I mean, I don't take lessons, but I've found the only way I learn is by drilling.

Play the same tab over and over until muscle memory kicks in.

I can only play little bits of a few tunes. I really wish I could play more.

Same with the piano. Although, i'd much rather learn to play the piano over the guitar.

You probably heard it a hundred times already, but practice is what will get you far. The more you do, the better you get. Practicing over a period of time instead of in 1 go is also a good idea. Give your fingers time to heal up again. If you practice enough, you can pretty much do any song no matter how hard it is. I remember playing Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train Intro when I first started, took me like a month to learn as a newbie but it felt really good when I could pull it off.

I remember playing Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train Intro when I first started, took me like a month to learn as a newbie but it felt really good when I could pull it off.

Hahah, mine was Sweet Child of Mine.

SHE GOT EEEEEEYS OF THA BLUEST SKAAAIIS ASIF THEYD THOUGHT OF RAAAAIIIN...